SstennizZ 1992 KL-ZE

• I was going for second hand, since I only have about 215 to spend on it..

• DOH!

• w00t! Package from the states got delivered! :P

• whats that then, wideband ?

• ye-yeah! :P

• Well, I installed the A/F meter yesterday.
    Still running a little lean. WOT around 14.0-14.1:1 where it should have been around 13.2:1.
    Think this is caused by the fuel pump. KLZE requires more flow and my old (19 years / 230000 km) cant really deliver that much anymore.
    I also noticed that the fuel pressure doesn't really effect the a/f ratio.
    I already read about it online, but now it shows that the ecu still corrects itself, or rather the injectors, at WOT (and closed loop).
    It still uses the full WOT fuel pressure, but corrects the flow through the injectors.

Soooooo, ordered a Walbro 255lph.. :P More soon!

• lean!, thats weird most run rich. :?
    looks brilliant hope you make it to japfest 2011

• Noticed I was a little shy on updates, so here goes! :P

Done since last:

• EBC Ultimax brakepads front and rear (Pretty decent brakepads!)
    • SRD Crossmember front
    • Performance crossmember rear
    • Walbro 255lph fuelpump

Because of the walbro I was able to put the fuelpressure back from 4Bar to 3Bar and has the WOT A/F ratio gone from 14,5 to the ideal 13,2.
    Going to dyno on the 12th, so really anxious for the results!
    My theory: I had 189BHP on the last run with a crappoor lean running engine. Now with the walbro i really NOTICE a difference. First gear full WOT is a definite no-go, so it should turn up as some significant horsies.

I also ordered a tacho, since mine doesn't do crap. It's one of those big-ass Type-R versions.. :lol: :roll:

I've been searching for a nice set of wheels with track tires, but decided to stick with my 17" wheels and these tires:

I don't do that much miles and going to do tracktime twice this year, so these tires should be good enough to keep driving for at least a couple of years.

• Really love those wheels. This has gotta be one of my favourinte 3's on here, subtle but deadly :p

• Like them tyres, what are they?

• First of all, nice MX-3. Lovely work.
    Interesting that you use KL02 VAF along with the ZE. Are you also using the K8 ECU? It would be interesting if you could compare KL36/31/Probinator and JE 50 versus K8 and KL02 at the dyno.. I've always wondered which combo who suits the Curved Neck KLZE best. I've tested all these and i.m.o K8 and KL02 feels best.

• @b882555db8=unclegreg:

First of all, nice MX-3. Lovely work.
    Interesting that you use KL02 VAF along with the ZE. Are you also using the K8 ECU? It would be interesting if you could compare KL36/31/Probinator and JE 50 versus K8 and KL02 at the dyno.. I've always wondered which combo who suits the Curved Neck KLZE best. I've tested all these and i.m.o K8 and KL02 feels best.

I'm not running a full ze.
    Combi kl-02vaf, kl-02ecu with de chip and de fuelmaps did 189 bhp. Running rediculously lean.. 12th of march next run with same setup but instead of de fuelmaps the ze ones on the de chip, walbro pump and running the perferct 13.2 a/f @ wot. I'm willing to try different setups, but dyno shops here ask around 80gbp per run….. So if i get even a little more than last time, i'm happy..

• £80 :o That's robbery. And I thought we had it bad here at £50 per 2 runs…

Thumbs up for the wideband, they really are invaluable. Good luck with the next dyno.

• lol yeah, wideband.. Dont leave home without it.. ;) still need to get a good pod for it though..

• So, just had a nice little trip with our daily Twingo in order to get the mx circuit ready! :P
    At first I wanted to order those new semis, but they are unfortunately no longer in production. Through a supplier I came across a set of 15 " 1xused HANKOOK semi slicks! :P Without wheels though.
    Through the internet I now have a set of 7.5j, et 37 MOMO wheels, which I immediately dropped off at the shop.. So I'll be picking them up next week! :P
    Only little problem now is that I can only put them on at the track, because they make me sit about 3cm lower than with the 17" and with the 17 I at some points have only a 6 cm clearance under the car.
    But hey, bag em, and in the trunk they go.. :P Jack and wrench along and off I goooo! :lol:
    I'll try to take a picture on monday. Will not be very spectacular, since the rims aren't so neat anymore, but still .. ;)

• Decals been put on today! :P Not to happy about the alignment of one of the 8's, but looking good enough for now! Also took out the rear seats so the trackwheels fit in. :P Have a big car event tomorrow at the TT Circuit Assen, so here's a starter pic, more tomorrow.. ;)

• Looking good :D

• Me at TT Circuit Assen - Team MonkeyRollers - Automaxx Streetpower 2011:

I'm the monkey on the right:

• Decals likey :D Car looks nice

• Looks great man! are your wheels 7.5J?

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB