Central locking

• hi does anyone have central locking stuff for sale, dont think my 1993 mx3 has it i will have to check…

• jay do you have central locking via the key…and just need a remote modual...

• got nothing when i turn the key i cant here any central locking mechanisms… i thought all v6 mx3 come with it

• @fc87110d93=jay1987:

got nothing when i turn the key i cant here any central locking mechanisms… i thought all v6 mx3 come with it

As far as I know they do, was standard along with electric windows.

You might have a duff actuator/motor in your drivers door. Bear in mind the central locking should only operate from the drivers door.

If you find you don't have it, central locking kits are dirt cheap these days. I remember seing one for a 2 door for £15. gotta be cheaper than buying the parts to fix yours!

Yup here you go, £14.99 plus delivery. Not bad that! It's not remote BTW, but can be interfaced with a remote unit or any decent car alarm.
    http://www.in-car-stuff.com/shop/universal-door-central-locking-p-47.html

• When I got my 1996 V6 I also got 2 keys, neither had a central locking remote on them. When I unlock/lock the drivers door with the key the passenger door also unlocks/locks. When I unlock the passenger door, only the passenger door unlocks. I have got central locking haven't I?, just not the remote. If that's the case, can I just get a remote? Not the biggest thing in the world to worry about, just nice to have. :wink:

• you only have a selonoid on the passenger door as far as i know? meaning when you unlock the drivers door, the passenger door unlocks, but not vice versa, you could get a remote central locking kit to work with it, as you can get the central locking to work with an alarm, its a case of finding the trigger wire on the selonoid, but you'd need a second selonoid for the driver door

• @112ea93172=hussar203:

When I got my 1996 V6 I also got 2 keys, neither had a central locking remote on them. When I unlock/lock the drivers door with the key the passenger door also unlocks/locks. When I unlock the passenger door, only the passenger door unlocks. I have got central locking haven't I?, just not the remote. If that's the case, can I just get a remote? Not the biggest thing in the world to worry about, just nice to have. :wink:

to answer your question fella yes you have central locking just not a remote locking, kits are available on ebay and work with your exsisting system..as said for around £15…

• ok guess i have to fix the central locking somehow

where can i get hold of a fob that will work with my existing central locking?

links would be highly appreciated

:D :D :D

• Here are a few remote locking kits

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarms/meta/hpa2.html

http://www.in-car-stuff.com/shop/falcon-phaser-remote-central-locking-upgrade-p-32.html

http://www.meanmachines.biz/store/remote-central-locking-kit-1.html

Also check ebay as you might get it cheaper on there. Soz I can't post links to ebay while in work, bloody internet police!

Don't forget to see the link in my other post for the central locking kit, just incase yours is fubard, should work out cheaper than fixing yours.

Have you ever considered saving up to get an alram fitted? Most these days will interface with central locking to give you remote locking when you arm/disarm the alarm. If you get a thatcham approved it'll knock a bit off you're insurance too.

You should be able to get something decent for little money. I have a Sigma S series on my MX, made by Toad. Same as what the scoobies come with as standard. It's good, I've seen these for about £300 fitted.

On my last MX I got an Autowatch Cat 1 alarm for £199 fitted, found a dealer in my local Adtrader paper who came to my house and fitted it within a few hours.

Here's a few
    http://abacuscaralarms.co.uk/store/index.php?cat_id=1&catname='Car Alarms'

Obviously if you DIY the Thatcham approval will be invalid.

• thanks for the great reply !!!

im looking to be cheap as possible becuase i guess im cheap lol

300 on alarm, that would be half my turbo…... :D

• @ea91c8e481=jay1987:

300 on alarm, that would be half my turbo…... :D

That's why I'm glad it came with the car! :lol:

Seriously I'd consider getting one, part of the reason the MX-3 is insurance group 15 is cos they are easy to nick! And back in the day when they first came out they were getting stolen left right and centre. Mazda did introdue the transponder key immobiliser but anythinig additional to slow the tealeaves down is good.

Are you turboing the K8 then or you got a DE lined up? Either way I'd be interested in seeing it. Look forward to the worklog.

• yep, very easy to just pop the lock out

• at the moment i have a touch imoboliser and a push start button where the ciggertte lighter goes,

my projects like james klze turbo but ill use a klde. and the cars going to be a sleeper/rat look hopefully matt black by the end of october.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB