Presso ATX Problem

• Is there an auto guru out there who recognizes these symptoms:

On a few occasions the transmission has been a little hesitant and the car has had difficulty pulling away. On each occasion, I had braked for a roundabout and then started off again; I don't think I ever came to a complete halt.

Later when slowing at a junction and while resuming acceleration without stopping and on turning into a main road, I had revs but little motion for a few seconds. The change up seemed somewhat erratic.

The transmission fluid is light pink and no flashing ‘hold light’.

I couldn’t accurately determine the fluid level as it always seems smeared quite far up the dipstick (past the two notches) and no clear level line.

My Mazda is an import 1995 Eunos Presso 1500cc with only 43,000 miles.

The car is in showroom condition. The boot had never been opened and everything appeared brand new under the bonnet, not a speck of dust anywhere.

It would break my heart (and bank) to think that the transmission was on its way out.

I'm new here and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

• hmm so you mean when pulling away there is a slight lag spot??? ie power doesnt kick start in ?

• Bit random but, your pads could be sticking slightly, this happened to me!

On braking does the car pull to one side?

Do your wheels get covered in brake dust?

Might even be your clutch slipping?

• @98ec1619a1=Lequetis:

hmm so you mean when pulling away there is a slight lag spot??? ie power doesnt kick start in ?

Hi

Thanks for the response.
    Yes, there seems to be a lag between 1st & Second, before the power kicks in. It's as though the transmission get's confused. The revs sort of stick at 2100 with loss of power and the car doesn't want to pull. This only lasts a few seconds but can be a pain when pulling into traffic. Once the transmission decides which gear it should be in, the power comes back on.

• @2ee7689e9d=micromarc:

Bit random but, your pads could be sticking slightly, this happened to me!

On braking does the car pull to one side?

Do your wheels get covered in brake dust?

Might even be your clutch slipping?

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The car brakes in a straight line without pulling and there's no heat building up on the brakes. Also not much in the way of dust.

The transmission is an automatic, so no clutch.

The only thing that I have noticed as being a bit unusual is maybe too much slack on the trottle cable. I just don't know if this could cause the problem.

• family had this problem with a xjs auto 5.3

what happend is that the bands in the box had started to wear out, but as it would cost too much for the car had to get rid. gear box for that would of been 800( including bands torque converter, fluids and refitting.) car off road for 2 weeks

but this
    sounds like your box is not building up propper pressure.

could result from contaminated fluid. torque converter, or bands slipping

however. best advice can give to you. is totally drain your gear box new fluids.

if no change get torque converter checked out,

then last bands. (but could results in new box depending on price)

hope this helps.

• @9c90a8247e=Valley:

family had this problem with a xjs auto 5.3

what happend is that the bands in the box had started to wear out, but as it would cost too much for the car had to get rid. gear box for that would of been 800( including bands torque converter, fluids and refitting.) car off road for 2 weeks

but this
    sounds like your box is not building up propper pressure.

could result from contaminated fluid. torque converter, or bands slipping

however. best advice can give to you. is totally drain your gear box new fluids.

if no change get torque converter checked out,

then last bands. (but could results in new box depending on price)

hope this helps.

Thanks Guys for all the advice.

I think I'll phone around and get a road test and diagnostic done . . . and start praying.

Pity that many workshops are such rip-off merchants.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB