KLZE ID - Look Here!

• !! THIS IS CONFIRMED AS A 1.8 !!

(DAMN.)

Cheers guys.

I'm buying my first KLZE, after quite a wait…

I wanted to run this past you guys. Need to know that this is the right engine, and ask is £550 delivered is a decent price: -

CHEERS!

• that's a 1.8 / k8 dude! Not worth half that! Unless he's running a k8 intake manifold on a ZE which would be retarded.

Straight neck:

Curved neck:

You want to look for KL31 1a1 or kl31 101 on the heads. The last 1a1/101 is very important- that means ZE. Not that a DE is a bad engine. Buy freedoms hybrid lump ;)

• i have a de ze hybrid fro sale
    all polished up which could be yours for cheaper than that !
    its all polished up too
    cheers
    chris

• Cheers Marco, the guy at Nippon is checking that he's sent the right pictures.

I think half the people who've done the swap here have bought from them, so I trust they've got the right thing. Until now!

If anyone's selling a KLZE, nows the time to tell me about it!

• Hi Freedom - This is to go into an OBD2 MX3 as well, if it was an OBD1 swap I might go for the hybrid at this point. Engine hunting is starting to get old!

• Hehe well it's even in a stock mx3! Yea nippon have sourced most on here I think. If you do think you're onto one, get them to take photos of the head codes, and if possible the numbers on the cams.

• Yup, I asked for all that! I've been reassured that it's the right thing. My response was that if it ain't then it's on its way back with a bill for return delivery, and I've been told that's fine. Verbally.

• it came out of an obd1
    has a de top end and a ze bottom end
    3 branch manifolds had an oil filter new cam belt and water pump 4 months before it ws tken out
    still in the car at presant
    had a rr figure of 180 summink a while back too
    theres a pic of the engine in my
    a sad day but bargains to be had thread
    cheers chris

• Could I just put a curve neck KLZE IM on, and then I'd have a full ZE?
    According to the guy at Nippon you can't turn around in a scrapyard in Tokyo without falling over one of these IMs. I'd reckon FordProbeStore can sort me out quick with one.

How come you ended up with the FrankenZE?

• Right. So my seller is now saying that the pics are of a 1.6…. Oops.

Anyone got a ZE knocking about?

• Told yee :P

You could try UK-poc. Tbh you'll probably struggle to find a better deal than chris/freedoms at the minute, even though it's not 100% ZE, it's still putting out great power. Can nippon not get a ZE for you at all then?

• Well, we've had a recon from Dubai which fell through, a used engine in Birmingham which has ??? confusingly disappeared, and assorted phonecalls not returned from other suppliers. I've got an OBD2 swap planned, everything sat here waiting; stage 3 clutch, afpr, kl02 vaf, plugs, fluids, leads, blah blah. Even an OBD2 pc adaptor to get the codes to a laptop. Even have a mechanic lined up and agreed.

I do need a good engine at the right price though, small problem.

Last I heard from my contact at Nippon was that I was going to get a phonecall today asking for full payment, but he appears to have had some emergency, and ain't in. No-one else there knows about it.

:cry:

• thats no 1.6
    the 1.6 is a 4 cylinder lol
    its a k8 in those pics

• James - You can see why I posted the question right?! I don't think the guy at Nippon is having a good Monday… Probably wait for the other guy to get back, which might be tomorrow, or who knows? :roll:

Again, cheers for the help here guys.

• no youd need the heads
    and i built it
    was told that the bottom end was a ze wen i got it
    and definately looked different to the one that was one there
    you would need heads and im and an ecu to make a full ze
    hope this helps

• That's cool, but I have no idea whether it's compatible or not. I'm just going to have to wait for a ZE proper. Nippon have told me they can get me a recon, but I reckon it'll be a new order from Japan, so 6 weeks on the boat.

No rush…. :roll:

• could always turbo your k8 in the meantime ;)

• yeh a turbo k8 on 6 psi boost can just about brake the 200 bhp mark

• plus more torque, I think it'd whip a ZE alright.

• My k8 blew on the motorway at speed. Seized. It was not fun. I need a new engine.

:cry:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB