Water leak!!!

• ok hope some1 can help,
    got a water leak it seams like its coming from behind the power steering pump area where the bottom rad hosejoins the pipe to the block, is their a gasket that could of gone or is it water pump

• yanking the converter out will probably help you. 350 sounds steep,but thats up to you. If the power steering pump is leaking you would expect to see fluid on the ground,or on the engine somewhere. But if the water pump has a problem it may be blowing water out of the diaphram when its running, but you would see residual water and the van overheating. Make sure that your mechanic is reputable, probably misspelled that, sounds kind of flakey from here. do you have any power steering pump repair kit? you probably needed that kit to your problem

Lisza Bailey

• The water pump is in the middle of the engine block on the left side of the engine bay, its more than likely that it has gone as the water will run out of the black cam cover case at the bottom of the engine near the power steering pump.
    Jack it, Take the front drivers side wheel off, fill the engine with water then start her up to find exactly where its coming from, if its running from around that black case then it is the water pump, if it is that hose great news just put a new hose on.
    If it is the waterpump and you can get it to southampton a Waterpump + cambelt change is £120 + parts, you will not get that cheaper anywhere else especially if you get the parts off the internet beforehand (1.6 prices cambelt £20 waterpump £35)
    Otherwise local garage I would expect minimum of £350 for same job.

Have a chat with Hammyglos, he had it done a few weeks ago here and if you are interested, PM me and I will try and get it sorted for between xmas and new year.

IMPORTANT PLEASE REMEMBER
    Now that the water is leaking you will keep topping it up and I bet you have not kept the antifreeze up. Make sure you do, if the engine freezes with water it could get a whole lot worse for you

• www.Fordprobestore.co.uk is where I got everything for the distri and stuff.
    Keep in mind that if it is the waterpump, it might leak sporadically.
    Mine sometimes leaked (a lot) but didn't when I was looking for the cause.
    Thats what you get when people get cheapass when changing the cam belt and dont change the (relatively cheap) waterpump at the same time…
    Pump should last longer than the belt, but doesnt last as long as two cam belts..

@eac8fbd5ff=djmarcopolo:

The water pump is in the middle of the engine block on the left side of the engine bay, its more than likely that it has gone as the water will run out of the black cam cover case at the bottom of the engine near the power steering pump.
    Jack it, Take the front drivers side wheel off, fill the engine with water then start her up to find exactly where its coming from, if its running from around that black case then it is the water pump, if it is that hose great news just put a new hose on.
    If it is the waterpump and you can get it to southampton a Waterpump + cambelt change is £120 + parts, you will not get that cheaper anywhere else especially if you get the parts off the internet beforehand (1.6 prices cambelt £20 waterpump £35)
    Otherwise local garage I would expect minimum of £350 for same job.

Have a chat with Hammyglos, he had it done a few weeks ago here and if you are interested, PM me and I will try and get it sorted for between xmas and new year.

IMPORTANT PLEASE REMEMBER
    Now that the water is leaking you will keep topping it up and I bet you have not kept the antifreeze up. Make sure you do, if the engine freezes with water it could get a whole lot worse for you

• The water pump is pretty much standard to do here if you are doing the cambelt mainly because you have to remove the cambelt to do the pump even though the V6 pump doesnt run off the cambelt.
    Yours being a 4 cylinder the price will halve compared to the V6, dunno why but they do.
    Shop around for spares I managed to do the Equipe I have for £12 for a cambelt (end of stock) and £24 for a waterpump. There are deals out there just search for the best price
    Best I found for yours in one search was £17.50 for the cam belt
    Best waterpump was £11 but it depends on the one you need because there are a couple 91-93 and 94-98 :wink:
    They have different pulleys fitted and this modification is on both 1.6 + 1.8 V6
    Any shop you contact give your reg number they will confirm its the correct part then

• @afb0839966=djmarcopolo:

Any questions please ask.. I had it done… really good job.. really nice blokes too!! I got all my parts from Probestore too... Came quickly and wasn't badly priced... I did opt for the more expensive HQ stuff.

Hammy

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB