MDM MX3 3 stage project, neone wana roba bank with me ha ha

• Hay lads,

Had to get to this someday. Have my mx3 bout 6 months and i have destroyed her ha ha. ill explane that in a bit. Cause there is so much work to completely restore her and customise her i have broken up the work in three stages, ill detail them below.

This site is a wealth of info and support and ne newby reading this just note, but the mx3 qnd nething u want to do can be done lol.

right so lets start STAGE 1:

Full KLZE Swap inc refit of all sensors
    Full exhaust upgrade
    Windscreen repair
    Complete new door window blades and door seals
    repair of rear window seal
    and engeral refit of CV joints, Bearings, etc.

Total expected cost : €2750 - €3000
    Expected completeion by Feburary 1st

STAGE 2:

Full body repair and respray blaze red(hot)
    Body kit upgrade
    Refit of all seats to leather material and heated seats.
    Full wrapping of sound proof material on floor and doors
    New sony MX BT5000 head unit to start the ICE off.
    Retrofit the Honda Civic projection lights(hoping the mx3 ones will be out then then)
    BOSS Streering wheel

Total Expected Cost : €2500 - €3995
    Expected completeion by August 1st

STAGE 3:

T4 Turbo upgrade
    Upgrade exhaust manifold to S/S
    MAP ECU unit to be installed with sport and economic settings(2 maps)
    Induction KIT
    New mid way and sub speakers(located in the rear seat)

Total expected cost : €3250 - €3500
    Expected completeion by Feburary 1st 2009

Well i'll get pics up of my poor baby soon but now ill say whats wrong ha ha:

Long story short, was driving from cork to dublin doing 160k behins a 07 is2000 and never took notice of collant temp and spent about 50 miles at high temp, so not only do i now have no accelaration, no power and very very tursty car. full tank i only get 110 miles lol. so right now i need engine ha ha.

So lads keep ya posted,

• I would suggest putting in a KLDE instead of a KLZE it will handle the boost pressure alot better. But your plans sound very good.

Yeah get some pics up.

• ah ya thats true but for the same literage going down in bhp, dont know, its not like ireland has enough road space to actually push it hard enough, well there is the amazing wexford waterford road, god what a straight road lol.

Well at moment she is now parked up. Batt went flat so cant get into the car cause central locking has no power ( oh ya and the key barrels dont work lol).

lucky i work close to where i study huh!!!

• the wex-water road is amazing isnt it??!!

wow, didnt think the plans were that big MDM! good luck with it!!

• i wouldent say de for boost over a ze i say millenia
    standerd hy breed part ze past de 190 bhp
    takes more boost than a ze but not as much as a de but only 10 bhp under a ze this is wat im doing

• if ur ever over in uk with it, be nice to see what it really goes like :)

• Right so lads engine bought. KLZE with the curved neck mellina IM. not my choice but can always change it at a later date.

Getting everything bougth and installed for €1400 that bout £1200. Not bad like could be worse lol. Getting new key set for €100 so no more locking myself out ha ha.

So this christmas the first KLZe in Ireland i Think!!!!!!!! if neone else has it give me a shout.

also lads going to get a poll on this question;

straight or curved neck IM??????

Also if anyone has a chipped K8 ecu for the curved neck ill buy it off them.
    Pic to be uploaded very very soon.

• Where did you buy your ZE from?

• @40c7349b9e=MDM_MX3:

So this christmas the first KLZe in Ireland i Think!!!!!!!! if neone else has it give me a shout.

Well yes and no :lol: You can have the Republic crown, but I'll take the first klze in Ireland crown :P

Great to have another one about though, where did you get it? What cams are in it? Mileage?

• bought the ZE from Nippon, god bless them. Was going to buy from tiger jap inports from Canada but just worked out faster and cheaper this way.

Crown of the republic is good enough for me. KL01 cams, getting installed next week so ill update you on all

• u sorted out the ecu for it. dont use th k8 ecu u will be bitterly disappointed if u do. also did u pay extra for the millenia intake or haveu gone straight neck?

• you want the k8 ecu chiped for the millenia inlet
    dont use a kl de or ze ecu

• yup get a probinator for the k8 ecu curved neck setup. But you can chip kl31/kl36s with probinators chip, just a bit of a waste, may as well give the kl31/36 to a straight neck owner :)

• Lol to right marco. but lads is anyone selling a chipped K8 ecu.

Marco looking at you to help me out on this one lol.

and ya its the curved neck

• Lol to right marco. but lads is anyone selling a chipped K8 ecu.

Marco looking at you to help me out on this one lol.

and ya its the curved neck, i went with it now cause its cheaper and i can always change the IM at a later date for about £130.

• marco screw u :P how about u come over england and lets see how ur chipped k8 ecu goes against my kl31 ecu on a millenia intake :P oh yes just remember ive got a bit heavy spoiler on my car also :)

• :lol: maybe I will do that and show you that VRIS isn't for decoration :P

Seriously though, I'm shocked you're wasting power not having them timed right!

Tell you what though, probinator maps are toooo rich. I got an AFPR to calm them down a bit. Oh well megaquirt is slowly advancing, and then I can map whatever I want, and no VAF :D

• @ced4e3662a=Marco:

Oh well megaquirt is slowly advancing, and then I can map whatever I want, and no VAF :D

Thats the way forward.

• so true megasquirt for life. basically all i did was match the ecu with engine head code. my head said kl31-1a1 so i got the kl31 ecu and beleive me compared to running the stock k8 ecu its not wasting power :) ask the got in wannabe skyline who tried to beat me at the light tonight. pfft he only had the 2ltr straight 6 not even a turbo pfft. i mean wtf was he hoping to accomplish. shame he obviously thought it was just the 1.8 v6 :D when will they learn :)

• talking about crowns :) ill take the first 3sgte mx3 in the world crown thank you :)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB