Cambelt question

• hi all,
    i know that with most engines if the cambelt brakes it bends up the valves vut i read in the thread 2 posts under this that the v6 engine is not effected when the belt snaps??

im not sure the last time my belt was changed and im wanting to do it.
    ive found a belt on ford brobe store £22 quid,cant remember the name but it wasnt the standard one.

ok so heres what i need to know,if it dont damage engine when it brakes should i leave it?
    if it does damage the engine,could you give me a guide on how to change it while in the engine,if you give me the guide,i will change my belt and take piccys gradually for the forum and other members.

thanks in advance
    atb
    ps of give us a link to changing the cambelts with piccy would be really appreciated

• http://uk-mx3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1416&highlight=non+interface

this may confirm or confuse, but its the non interface/interface debate.
    enjoy! :lol:

• @184dae7a44=jamesmx3:

http://uk-mx3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1416&highlight=non+interface

this may confirm or confuse, but its the non interface/interface debate.
    enjoy! :lol:

thanks,
    so it looks like its ok to break,no worries and thanks for link.

still wouldnt mind a how to do it in the how to section with piccys,im happy to do the belt change and piccys if some one wants to spend the time telling me how to do it.
    i think it would benefit the forum and users as well.
    atb

• there are some online mazda workshop manuals located at mx-3.com that were what I used when I changed my timing belt…

• @4a0d5ce591=Mooneggs:

there are some online mazda workshop manuals located at mx-3.com that were what I used when I changed my timing belt…

thanks mate,
    i think we need links or posts for this kind of stuff on this forum.
    i use this forum mainly because its uk,pluss i cant read that mx3.com,the red writings hard to see and hurts my eyes.
    i will have a look.
    thanks

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB