How to save petrol with the v6?

• hi lads,
    how can i save petty with the 1.8 v6,getting a joke now,i got this car as i needed a car that was good on petty,tbh my t5 2.3 turbo eats about the same which defeats the idea.

10 quid say 20 mile?
    im a 5th gear driver to and roll down hills.
    doing my had in now as it seems that im popping 10 notes in just to go the shop and stuff.
    atb

• They are juicy beasts, i get about 200 miles per tank… :shock:

They are well known for being a bit thirsty, not alot you can do about it to be honest. Other than drive real light throttle and remove excess weight.

• how to save. take all excess weight out (Misses) lol standard air filters. correct tyre pressure.

or PARK IT

• going to be a use if desperate one tbh.

mechanic,whats the klze like on petty mate?
    thanks for replys

• I am intrigued by this.
    Only had the car 4 weeks and filled her up to check consumption. When she was down to below quarter full as per gauge, filled her up again.
    She took £33.33 of juice. At 109.9p/L that is about 30 litres or 6.6 galls.
    I had 224 miles on the clock which equals nearly 33mpg.

Now I am very happy with that as apart from daily trip to work - about 10 miles part urban mostly country road - I also do plenty of short urban trips to shops, pub etc.
    So, is my maths wrong or don't you guys get this sort of mileage?

On the second fill-up I went from Swindon to Worcester (mostly dual carriageway or M5) at 65-70 mph plus some local miles and got about 270 miles from £36 quids worth of petrol.

Also, how come, when gauge was showing nearly empty, I was only able to get 6.6 gallons into an 11 gallon tank? Gauges not reliably accurate?

• HA Ha i'm lucky to get 200 miles to a tank!
    since i've stopped "enjoying" my car i can just squeeze the 200 for €55

• @163014e6f8=Rod:

Only had the car 4 weeks and Also, how come, when gauge was showing nearly empty, I was only able to get 6.6 gallons into an 11 gallon tank? Gauges not reliably accurate?

I usually wait until the light comes on

• @d6d77857cf=noluv:

going to be a use if desperate one tbh.

mechanic,whats the klze like on petty mate?
    thanks for replys

tbh theres not alot of difference, as you dont need to thrash the KLZE to get up to speed, i mean i drive it but you can use the low down torque to get along.

• the other day got 285 miles out of a 93 one with 141000 miles! full tank to solid amber light. delighted! and i do enjoy the car alright!!

popped fuel injector cleaner in so i guess it helped big time. when i get the back box fixed, should get a bit more then.

i go everywhere in 5th, really helps. but when i have to, 6500 rpm shifts until that corsa in the rear view is a speck :wink:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB