Major service at mazda?

• Hi all,
    whats involved and changed with the major service at mazda?
    thanks

• to be honest it could be anything! mazda aren't recognised because of their customer service!

my guess would be oil, filters, belts, maybe water pump, wheel alignment, headlight adjustment, A/C regassing.

not really sure what else they could do by labeling it as a "major service" though. but it sounds good. mechanically good over visually appealing is always better because you can still drive it while fixing it up!

oh, and welcome!

• @e4f15ce0a2=noluv:

Hi all,
    whats involved and changed with the major service at mazda?
    thanks

Mainly your bank balance :P

Perhaps repossesion of your home etc…

Think Stephens nailed it, major probably means stuff like:
    timing belt
    tensioner
    pulleys
    aux belts
    and the usual regular service stuff

maybe even serious stuff like HLAs, valve stem seals, but that's more likely done when required.

• big thanks lads,bit releived now as i know it had one 5k a go at 95k,just wondering about cam belt tbh,dont want it snapping.
    will be servicing my self from now on as i dont have big bank balance lol.
    thanks for your time lads

• According to the Workshop Service Manual, major services are every 30 thousand miles and comprise:

In all cases inspection means, inspect, repair, clean or replace as necessary.

I can post a pdf of the pages if necessary.

Hope this helps.

• thanks for reply
    dont worry about link to pdf,i was thinking what you wrote my self as i have far too many major service stamps for it to have cam belt changed every time,but im thinking if they thought it needed changing they would of done it.
    ive emailed for new service book as mines finished and asked if they have a record of last cam belt change.

how do i inspect or shall i say get to the cam belt to inspect it?new to these engines.

heres what it says on my mazda warranty infomation and service record book
    1st service 600 miles,was done at 704.
    1st service voucher done at 704 miles
    1st lubricant service 6000 miles done at 6065
    1st major at 12,000 miles done at 10,241
    2nd lubricant 18,000 not stamped
    2nd major24,000 done at 15,076
    3r lubricant,not stamped
    3rd major 36,000 done at 19,329
    4th lubricant 42,000 done at 25,178
    4th major at 48,000 done at 29,499
    4th lubricant 54,000 done at32,798
    5th major at 60,000 done at 35036
    6th lubricant at 66.000 done at 37,912 with brakes checked and new plug leads
    6th major at 72,000 done at 45,910
    7th lubricant at 78,000 done at 56,002
    7th major at 84,000 done 76,119
    8th lubricant at 90,000 done 86,635
    8th major at 96,000 done 95,060
    thats end of book and ive got 100,000 on clock now.
    It was also recalled for some thing,i have the letter some where,coil spring or summert.

it dont mention any thing except once with plug leads and brakes checked,i have a pile of receipts for other places that have also lubricated and changed brakes,plugs,oil and stuff but i have not seen any thing regarding the cam belt,which is what im worried about.

has any one owned there mx3 from new or had it in mazda for a cam belt change?
    see inspection you say it says at 60k but nothing in my book mentions it "mine may be a older book as mines a k reg" but id guess they would inspect every service but i really would like to know when they would change it.
    whats the odds of it been changed threw the 96,000 miles they have seen it??
    i also have receipts from last year for distributor bought and fitted at £450 thats what i payed for the car nearly lol.
    does any one remember what mileage there dealer changed there belt.
    only thing im worried about but dont want to spend on some thing thats been done recently.
    thanks again for repies

@593283d1c7=pringle_addict:

According to the Workshop Service Manual, major services are every 30 thousand miles and comprise:

In all cases inspection means, inspect, repair, clean or replace as necessary.

I can post a pdf of the pages if necessary.

Hope this helps.

• infact please post pdf page as its worth a look,i want to learn as much as poss about my car as i pln on keeping it a while.
    thanks

• there is manual in how to section

• @57e0501667=Valley:

there is manual in how to section

thanks

• @98c2ea948f=Valley:

there is manual in how to section

nothing in how to mate,just checked.
    just how to clen,read engin diagnostic and spot difference with klze and the other and summert else.
    atb

• got a reply off mazda today with a free health check up.
    they change the cambelt at 52,000
    atb

• @d3f2499d28=Mechanic:

You ought to buy a - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chilton-Mazda-MX3-MX-3-Probe-Workshop-Repair-Manual_W0QQitemZ130245582433QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130245582433&_trkparms=72%3A984|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

will do mate,
    normaly buy a haynes for every car i own.
    thanks again mechanic youve been extremely help full to me and i appreciate it mate.
    gonna get one and do my belt as its done 50 odd thousand since then,so not taking any risks.
    take care

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB