ERRATIC?HIGH TICKOVER

• Hi, newbie owner here, bought me a lovely L reg off e-bay, only problem she seems to have is that she ticks over at between 1500 and 200, occasionally dropping off to a more normal rate, but most often sitting at about 1200.
    P.S thanks for the link to the manual,,,working fine for me, 8)

• When ya find out could ya tell me coz i have shit idles on both my K8 and KLZE… spent god knows how many hours trying to sort it out...

• will do,,,,,, that should read 1500 - 2000, wondered if it was because of the sports filter thats been added and can i just adjust the idle screw???? pc mechanic but not car mechanic

• No car mechanic 8 years workshop experience and class 4 MOT tester…. :roll: ..... Strange as i had the problem on my K8 i then swapped it for the KLZE with different ECU AFM sensors and the like still same prob...You can adjust the idle by the throttle there is a verticaly mounted idle screw with a large philips head on it turn to your pleasure..

Sometimes mine idles fine then other times its all over the place..

• 2 ideas as i had a similar problem with the old mx.

first one is simple enough, just a ground wire kit. you could go for the ebay option but i wanted the satisfaction of making my own!! i bought some really densly packed 4 gauge speaker/power cable with some platinum coated terminals. worked out at about €35 but its some of the best cable you can get, and its 12 yards long and it came with 12 connectors. i then got shrink wrap for it off ebay for about €3! ill do a quick how-to when i get it if anyone wants?

next one is to clean out your TB, especially the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. apparently this can cause quite a lot of issues with the idling, as it did with mine. and it is a very expensive part to replace. so get cleaning now before it gets any worse. im going to do it on a week off anyway just to keep it clean.

here is a brilliant how-to on it:

http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=42551&hilit=iac+clean

Good Luck!!

• Got a custom earth kit.. highly recommend..
    Will try give the iac a good clean out… my KLZE breathes quite hard put an inline filter on the rocker return of the PCV valve it catches loads shit in it.

• nice. where did you pick it up?

notice much difference? i had a few extra crappy wires on the last one but it still made a bit of a difference

• I used some earth cable that i had lying about at work definalty made a difference on start up must quicker response.

• i had a problem quite the same. turned out to be a connector block tucked behing the back rocker on left hand side was off along with being dirty. cleaned it up and fine. could be something that simple.

Looks like your connection to UK-MX3.COM was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.