Engine Swap to 2.5

• Hello All,

Does anyone know of any good modding garages in Dorset that would be able to carry out this work as my K8 looks like its on its last legs?

Also any idea of a ruff total cost?

I have a white se and it smokes a lot, drinks a lot of oil and this morining over heated and needed to pull over. Its in really good condition apart from the engine. Waying up my odds on selling (and I wont get much) or gettting the swap done depending on cost.

• If you can source a 2.5 KLZE… you also need the correct ecu and afm.. Even with basic mechanical knowledge the swap is easy, you need an engine crane basic tools and a free weekend..

Price all depends on were you get your engine, labour at a garage can vary, looking between 6 - 8 hours. 10 at most if they have problems.

Not much help i know but your probably best to go in a have a chat with with some local garages, explain that it is just a simple switch.

• KLZE Curved neck….........£500/600 OR KLDE <£300
    Clutch to handle it.............£130
    Chip for k8 ECU................£20 (ecu needs to be compatible)
    Oil...................................£20+
    Tranny oil.........................£20
    Oil Filter............................£20

That is it! For a bare minimum swap. Some stuff I strongly recommend:

Ebay stainless headers......£120 (nightmare to put on once engines in)
    Valve cover gaskets etc.....£30
    Windscreen adhesive.........£7 (fill your engine mounts with it)

• KLZE is ment to be a easy conversion…do it your self :)

• Seriously is Plug and Play :D It's good fun, not that hard, just follow the manual. My worst enemy was seized bolts, impact wrench FTW.

So glad I did mine myself, gave me time to be meticulous about things, and make my engine look mighty fine… Oh yea and saved a loada cash that was instantly spent on lovely parts :D

• if in the shit, pm me, ill give u my number get somewere to do it ill stop up dorset for a few days and do u conversion :)

Sorted:) also be part of welly developments team ;)

• where abouts in dorset are you ?
    im based in dorchester but we could do the conversion for you where i work i am doing it to my white babby as well lol

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB