KLZE Swap Technical SI*!

• admin

Lol, I havnt been around much and was just browsing this thread when I noticed:

@60b7c7d1f7=Marco:

As for it running like crap, it will run rich mainly, what do you think Jono? :P

Lol thanks Marco :lol:

But yeah he is right the ZE + Standard K8 ECU = CRAP!!!

I have the probinator chip which will I will fit when I get a spare ECU then let everyone know how it works.

You will LOVE the ZE once installed :twisted: and what these guys say is true, its really easy, everything just slots into place.

One other note about OBD I & OBD II is that there is a slight difference actually on the engine - I understand that the OBD II cars have a few more sensors which you will need to find homes for.

Jono

• Hey Jono.

is the prohinator chip like a piggy back ecu?????

Also lads can i use the distributer fro my K8 1.8 V6 for my KLZE???

• The probinator chip actually replaces a chip in your ecu. As far as I know you just unsolder the chip put the new one in and solder it back up.

• spot on admin solder out solder in the new one.

Megasquirt guide, I'll do my best, I'm still reading up on it atm. It'll be a long guide I'm sure, but the megasquirt manual is in desperate need of simplification. So hopefully it will go well and I can write a minimalist guide, which takes only the info we really need. Hopefully get some maps done too…

• Anyone know where i can find specs on these ecu's?????

Also as above can i use a K8 diz on the ZE motor?

• I did my swap 2day and used the K8 dizzy on mine and its fine..

• NEWBIE QUESTION!!!!!!

Is the probinator chip only for the ZE or can it be used on the DE and K8 with a desirable outcome?

• @c4cf585d30=Stephen-mx3:

NEWBIE QUESTION!!!!!!

Is the probinator chip only for the ZE or can it be used on the DE and K8 with a desirable outcome?

I would say only use probinator for the ze since it matches up the vris points - you can also use a kl31 or kl36 ecu with the ze but it tends to run rich since the vris points are not matched up… the k8 ecu is correct for the k8 and for the de, the kl01 ecu and kl02 vaf is the correct combo

• Alright Lads,

This is it, buying the engine in a 4th night, have a garage set up ready to do the swap for me. just a few things im worried about as i want the ap to go smotthly.

Namely i only have a stock K8 ECU. Will this stock ecu run the engine safely???????????

Are all the sensors on the KLZE a direct plug in match for the K8 set up??????????

Anyone have any typical problems during installation so i can advoid them?????????

Lads if i can get these answers ill have the swap done for auguest.
    Please dont be too technical about ecu, i know the VRSI points are better for the KLZE but if i can use piggy back let me know the best way.

Cheers

If i must, completely must chip the K8 ecu before i can run the neLZE engine which is best, probinator or megasquirt or piggy back??????????????

• @76e1406d69=MDM_MX3:

Alright Lads,

This is it, buying the engine in a 4th night, have a garage set up ready to do the swap for me. just a few things im worried about as i want the ap to go smotthly.

Namely i only have a stock K8 ECU. Will this stock ecu run the engine safely???????????

Are all the sensors on the KLZE a direct plug in match for the K8 set up??????????

Anyone have any typical problems during installation so i can advoid them?????????

Lads if i can get these answers ill have the swap done for auguest.
    Please dont be too technical about ecu, i know the VRSI points are better for the KLZE but if i can use piggy back let me know the best way.

Cheers

If i must, completely must chip the K8 ecu before i can run the neLZE engine which is best, probinator or megasquirt or piggy back??????????????

K8 ecu will run but with lower power output, would suggest sourcing the correct one.

All the sensors are direct plug in, and they are all colour coded, you cant go wrong with them.

I had no problems, apart from ps pump was crap so swapped it for another.

Good luck, if ya have any questions then say, all fresh in my mind. Good Luck :D

• Nice on Mechanic, Just one last thing to confirm….

The KLZE Intake Manifold has a long neck to the trottel body and had square runners!?

And is it this manifold that matched the VRSI points with the ecu K8 chipped Probinator?

Can the same be done with an unchipped K8 with a good aftermarket piggyback?

• Just remember one thing that i had to modify, the servo hose that goes from the brake servo to your inlet manifold, on the K8 it is short you will need a longer one to fit the KLZE. Just go to any parts dealer and ask for a couple of feet of brake servo hose. Don't let them give you multi fuel hose, it makes the pedal feel soft. The new hose should be hard as hell.

Problem solved. Oh and not sure on ECU questions etc, i tend to try and pair engine with OE ECU.

Square runners yup thats ya KLZE.

:lol: some 1's getting excited…

This is a pic of the servo hose. Its the one to the right of the pic.

• yes i am but kinda put back. here is a pic of the engine im buying, let me know what u think of it.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB