Your thoughts plz

• Hi Guyz/Girlz i currently have a JDM Import Eunos, I am thinking of changing my car at the end of the year to a FTO GPX Mimvec, anyone know if these are any faster than the MX-3 i have at present, it sails to 130mph no probs b4 the fuel cut out kicks in…....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: or do i stick with the MX-3........1994 on K plate........thanks :) :) :)

• Yep they're faster! Drop a klze or BPT into your mx3 though and byebye FTO :) Though the manual FTOs would be a closer match.

• I used to own a FTO years back….just when they started to be released over here.
    If you want to be faster get a manual one as said above.

The tiptronics were available in 4 and 5 speeds.
    The Mivec was a GPX model and Non Mivecs were GR's.
    They also fitted the MIVEC into the GP version R.
    Other models included GX (Non Mivec) and GS (1.8 SOHC 16v engine).
    0-60 in approx 7.1 secs for a GPX manual and about approx 8.2 secs for an auto. Top speed around 135-140 unrestricted but the usual 112mph if restricted.
    Some were official UK Ralliart imports into the UK but 90+% were all JDM.
    Don't by a modified one unless it has sensible mods like a stainless exhaust and perhaps a nice set of wheels....although I prefered the standard wheels.
    Not as well built as the Mazda's IMO but still good cars if well maintained.

Expect very poor fuel economy with an auto.
    I used to get about 25-30 mpg at best. :(

From experience I can say that both your current car and a FTO are nice cars to drive. The fTO makes a lovely sound too.....but will cost you more to run.
    Ask me any other Q's if you like or get on the FTOOC for more info. :wink:

Steve

• 25-30 mpg being poor??!!

If you go for a V6 mx3 or even the 1.6, that'll be good!

Well, all depends on your driving style, but once you drive an mx, it encourages you to drive just that bit quicker, accelerate that bit harder and take those corners quite a lot faster!

• 25-30 is poor IMO thats all my FTO could do…even driving it granny style.
    An MX-3 V6 should deliver 30+mpg combined and 40+mpg on the open road. :wink:

• i wish, very few people get that much unfortunately.

Here is the topic:

http://www.uk-mx3.com//forum/viewtopic.php?t=44&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mpg&start=0

I heard of a guy on the www.mx-3.com site that modified the car for pure fuel economy. He had a petrol pre-heater, the ait induction ran across the exhaust pipes to heat the air and a few other bits.

I heard a good mod for both fuel economy and performance is to get some sheet metal and cover the underside of the car with it like a true track car. i was thinking of doing it.

• Not bad….200+ miles per tank.

I put in £20 a week in my Clio with fuel at 114.99 ppl and commute 170 miles per week.
    I worked out that I have to average 43.4 mpg to make £20 last. :lol:

I reckon an extra £10 will get my future MX-3 to work and back.
    But the main thing is that in 3 months time I will have cleared a loan and so I'll be much better off so not fussed about fuel cost too much.

• hasnt the FTO got a stupid insurabce group like 18 or something?

• Not sure TBH mate. :?
    I know I got mine insured whe I was with AON insurance and had it on an 'everyday classic' policy. £830 Fully comp with just me as the named driver….would have been cheaper had I got my old man on the insurance too at the time.
    Some people were paying sky high premiums.... :(
    Being an import its not looked on too kindly thats for sure. :wink:

• I heard the FTO was quite slow for what it is :?

• @84f623bc66=stevenb:

Not bad….200+ miles per tank.

I put in £20 a week in my Clio with fuel at 114.99 ppl and commute 170 miles per week.
    I worked out that I have to average 43.4 mpg to make £20 last. :lol:

I reckon an extra £10 will get my future MX-3 to work and back.
    But the main thing is that in 3 months time I will have cleared a loan and so I'll be much better off so not fussed about fuel cost too much.

youl be lucky i do aproximately

18miles round trip for work x 5 days a week =96 miles
    10miles round trip to gym, gfs then home x4 a week = 40miles
    then of a weekend id say i do about 40-60 miles depending what i feel like doing

so for jus shy of 200 miles say it costs me about £50 a week! i do a £40 on saturday or sunday when i go my mums i fill up cus fuel by hers is cheaper am usually runnin low by this point and usually by friday i eed to stik abit more in!

so on the basis of 5000pence / 115 am getin like 43.5 litres which is around 10 gallon

so 200 miles for 50quid 10 gallons
    200/10
    i get about 20 to the gallon maybe a lilo bit more lol

but hey thats alot compared to my mate he has a v8 mustang an he gets 7 to the gallon lol

• wow that's pretty bad mpg! I often 230 per tank which is £43, made up of 10mile trips.

I have got nearly 300 per tank when driving to dublin and back was the majority of it!

• 20 mpg? :shock:
    Something wrong with your car…...or your booting it everywhere... :lol:

• @7c1abb587d=stevenb:

20 mpg? :shock:
    Something wrong with your car…...or your booting it everywhere... :lol:

well the coil was failing so probly wasnt burning fuel propper for a while lol will let you know how i go with new distributor haha an yeh i do like the sound of the v6 booting it :P

• you should have thrown us a bell Marco, there are 3 of us in the Dublin area.

We could have had a meet of 4/5's of the Irish Contingent!

• didn't even think! Though was only down for a stealth visit to see some bands then back up home that night. Wee mx3 meet would be nice though, I've never seen more than 2 together, both were mine :lol:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB