Marco's Black Beast aka 'Sooty'

• You have to do a how to for that shit as well bud…

• About time I updated this!

Car is currently off the road. After two years of night classes, exams and interviews I got into university to study Dentistry :D In 4.5 years time I will be a lot better off and finally will have a garage to work in :lol:

Unfortunately due to the course being so intensive it leaves little time to make money, which is why my car is currently off the road. That along with paying my fees.

However I am battling against the rust with the intention of running LPG with NA KLZE. Both sills are rotten. Wheel arches are doing their best. I've started with the rear subframe. The caged nuts that mount the trailing arms to the body have of course rusted and spun out. I'll worry about that later, it's too cold outside to be welding under the car.

I've removed the rear subframe, surprisingly easy! Currently removing all rust. I've removed all bushings and shells via burning out and splitting the shells, so no press required, that how we do things here in Northern Ireland! I will finally get the wytbusings in. I will be redoing all brake lines with copper and goodridge braided lines.

CONTINUED….

VICTORY on one :)
    -lots of heat
    -grinded a thin slit 360 degrees where the nut had rust welded to the arm
    -hammered
    -put the 14mm middle in the VICE, spanner = fail
    -massive wrench on the locking nuts then flat of the arm and voila! All freed up :)

Now this one is tricky, threads will be cleaned up first with a dremel thin cutting disc before further attempts on the locking nut. The alignment/tyre shop failed to free up any of these, so I'm happy to be making any progress.

After this one the assembly should be much easier. I did have to chop one link bolt though :( I'm going to see if my 323 gtx rear subframe has a compatible bolt to steal, as that projects not happening for a while!

• Congrats Marc, that's quality> don't think I know anyone who has trained in that proffesion, alot better off being an understatement :D Oooosh 8)

That's how I do bushings too! Stinks and smokes like a mofo but ain't half fun.
    Glad to see your still in the running with the Beast, fukin shame about the rot though.

• In 4.5 years time, just remember that a welding torch stays in the garage and cannot be used in your day job. :)

Congrats thou bud and good luck to ya.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you in both projects.

• @071ff6c6e4=youdirtyfox:

Congrats Marc, that's quality> don't think I know anyone who has trained in that proffesion, alot better off being an understatement :D Oooosh 8)

That's how I do bushings too! Stinks and smokes like a mofo but ain't half fun.
    Glad to see your still in the running with the Beast, fukin shame about the rot though.

Cheers Foxy! Yep if I can make it work I will! Either way I'll have a nice rear subframe polybushed :)

@071ff6c6e4=Lori:

In 4.5 years time, just remember that a welding torch stays in the garage and cannot be used in your day job. :)

Congrats thou bud and good luck to ya.
    Looks like you have your work cut out for you in both projects.

Haha yea if only enamel could be welded. Yep will just get on with this subframe and see how it goes. I miss ZE power too much…and oh the sound. I still start it up just to hear what a proper engine sounds like :lol:

• Congrats again on getting the course man!

And don't bother fixing the rust on her, I'll sell ya my Presso for 3k and ya can just throw the ZE in that lol :bigok:

• Thanks Jason! For my reward I get to revise over Xmas!

Erm strangely don't have 3k mate, you'll just have to keep it ;)

Wire wheeled
    Wire brushed
    Dipped in rust converter for days
    POR-15 begins!

• Lol thought I was chancing my arm alright! Only considering selling cos there is a 240z in Antrim for 4k!!

• Just been through every page of this thread - fduking brilliant!! You have some skills for sure :cheers:

Love the ITB's - Any info on them?

They're t595 triumph throttle bodies
    Ran by megasquirt
    Made the flanges out of alu and blended the ports
    Using Jenvey linkage between both banks

• Well it was basicially what model TB you used - I thought they would be Triumph (im not sure of any one else who does triples, although sure there are somewhere)

Unless I got confused, this is for the 2.5 engine? Would you use the same TB's on the K8?

Just interested, ITB's I would find awesome but I neither have the knowledge or the ££ to spend! :oops:

• Everything is freed up :-) now got most parts painted with por-15 with additional help from my lovely Gf! Looking forward to reassembling lovely clean painted parts with the wytbushings.

• Behind every great man is indeed a great women! Nice when they dont mind getingt there hands dirty ;)

• Hey bud, been looking at the POR-15 product, any good? and did you do all of the extra stuff for it, like thinners, or just paint it on?

• I just wire wheeled it. For some of the subframe parts I immersed them in rust converter. It's the best paint I've used, certainly better than hammerite.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB