Strange engine problem K8

• @f20bd6de33=Unicorn:

on the distributor it would either be the cap or the coil, have you taen the cap off and looked at it? it may be cracked or the points burnt out/corroded, if its the coil, it would work out cheaper doing what i linked you to above

both the dizzy cap and the components for the HEI mod can be find on probestore

yeh i think mines had it abit too much to do the mod unfortunately so am going to replace it and get a HEI mod i think but i cant find my part number

mine says its TOT57171 but i cant seem to find that part number nearesst i have came is TOT57271 was wondering if anyone kew if this would still fit?

thanks si

• part numbers mean nothing to me, i never knew they actually made the kits as a whole :shock:

what are you looking at? the ignition is the same on other ford/mazda V6's

• @367d0b0cd3=Unicorn:

part numbers mean nothing to me, i never knew they actually made the kits as a whole :shock:

what are you looking at? the ignition is the same on other ford/mazda V6's

yeh but thier is a pre 95 and post 95 but as mine is a 95 i dont know wether it falls before or after the switch! well i do now i need the post 95 as teh engine is out of a 97 model :) found teh printoff teh guy did when he changed teh engine for my sister last yr engine only had 38k on it now wuill have about 47

because on teh mx3s teh coils are internal on teh distributor you can replace it in bits and pieces or just buy a whole nedw distributor! and im hoping this should solve my problem!

• its alive again :D and i didnt replae the dizzy just took it apart and gave it a service! changed the leads and plugs also and fuel filter! oil and oil filter to be done soon but is running propper agian now atleast :D

thanks for all ur help

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB