3.0L turbo mx3

• true but its just not the same as saying youve ok a ze and the ze just has more power standard its gonna take a while to save for the turbo how much higher can you boost a de any way ?

• If you want more power than a standard KLZE then the BPT swap will get you more… I have seen them well over 300+bhp. A KLZE turbo will only net you up to 250 bhp. A KLDE turbo will probably give you a bit more to play with.

But at that much BHP whats the point of having a front wheel drive car? And would you really want it as road car?

If you want to go fast cheap get a MR2 REV 3 Turbo with the GT4 engine in it, it does 0-60 in under 6 sec from stock and you can pick up a good one for under £4000. Or if you can streach to £4500 - £5000 get a Mitsubishi Evo 3 they do 0-60 in under 5 sec from stock. Or if you want to go really cheap get a Calibra/Cavalier AWD Turbo for under £2500 they do around 6.5 sec 0-60. Or if you want looks and speed for very cheap go for any MR2 Turbo 0-60 in under 6.5 sec for under £3000. Or the Honda Prelude 2.2vti its around £3000 and does 0-60 in 6.5 ish. And thats not going into hatchbacks as they suck.

My point being, if you want a seriously fast 250+bhp MX-3 thats actually worth having then you need to do an AWD swap from a 323 GTX/R or spend a shed load on a LSD like Quaife (£1500) and a very good Suspension Setup at least another £600 - £1200 and a quality set of tyres £200+ and then you need new brakes so you don't wrap it round a lampost £300 - £1200, and an exhaust system up to the job £300+ then the cost of a KLZE swap £600 - £900. And the price of the MX-3 in the first place £400 - £1200 And you've still got a FWD car.

If your an MX-3 nutt like me then fair enough, but if its speed your after then there are cheaper and better ways to get it than a modded MX-3.

• Well lets not forget mikees/JTs klze turbo nos.
    Approx:
    1000 car
    650 engine
    2000 turbo & management
    500 nos

350hp+ on 0.8bar for a bit over 4k. Beating skylines around a track, sounds like fun to me :D

Yea there's better routes to fast cars than mx3s, but for me the mx3s looks and rareness add up to a car I happily blow money on.

An mx3 with a klze is going to beat alot of cars often worth twice as much. But an LSD would make that power alot more useable, theres an LSD jspec gearbox on US ebay for $550 atm. So could probably have it in your hands for £400.

• @Marco:

Well lets not forget mikees/JTs klze turbo nos.
    Approx:
    1000 car
    650 engine
    2000 turbo & management
    500 nos

350hp+ on 0.8bar for a bit over 4k. Beating skylines around a track, sounds like fun to me :Dquote]

this is what made me want to do a ze turbo
    ive got my mx3 allredy and love its handaling just want it to be a bit faster
    its been lowwerd dont know how much by but coments on hear looks to be 40-45 mm thers a ze in london dont 30 000 just imported from japan i can have for 800 i can do the swap my self and im shore that company could fined me the 2.5 lsd box
    not going as far as nos

• cool, what company is it? See if you can get a quote for the lsd box, I would be very interested!

• sorry to go off the point but is it easier to source a DE rather than a ZE ,and is it worth putting a DE in my mx 3.

• yeh de are easyer to get but have less powere than the ze
    and im trying to get a quote for the lsd i sent them an email just wateing for reply

• would be quite costaly to have it all bored out etc..

better off putting the money into a engine with power from the start.

• yeh think im sticking with the 2.5 ze turbo

• just watched wellys video come on gt4 must be the way forward what a car :D

• yeh if you like that sort of thing i love v engines so i couldent ditch my k8 for a 4 cylinder thing how ever powerful it may be

• as Marco says, boring out like you want will never work, you'll blow holes in the cylinder walls at idle :?

• @4ca53a4139=ukmx3admin:

If you want more power than a standard KLZE then the BPT swap will get you more… I have seen them well over 300+bhp. A KLZE turbo will only net you up to 250 bhp. A KLDE turbo will probably give you a bit more to play with.

hmmm wrong…. there is a guy out here In Ontario whom I have met and seen his car since he built my buddys turbo setup. He has 540BHP on a ZE..... it's right here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GIaG228lwo

• crazy but its no mx3 lol

• Thats Awesome….

You can do anything with the right amount of money and know how. :wink:

If you know him ask him if he would come on our website and list what mods he has made.

It would be a great help to us.

• @45eb1edf0d:

It was stock. 25+ psi on a complete stock kl. He was working on doinag big build and in teh meantime he just threw boost toa stock motor. it did like 50passes on the quarter before it blew.

is what it says on you tube! :lol: that's insane! Makes you think, maybe I'd get away with a reliable(ish) 300whp!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB