Micromarc's - KLZE Project

• Hi guys,

Just thought i d put some pics of my car up, what you guys think?

Plans so far are to slam it on its hoop somehow, cant find anything lower than -40mm springs but wanna go lower so i might have to get my hands on a custom set.

Gonna get myself a KLZE soon prob after the summer, is it quite a simple drop?

Cars gonna be on a stand at the Fast and modified show anybody else goin?

Forgot to say i know the car needs a wash the weather s been shitty up here! :( And the rust is the first thing gettin sorted when the weather gets a bit nicer.

• Just wondering if we could have a specs list? Apart from the alloys, everything looks stock as far as I can see, or am I missing something really obvious?

• its been dropped 40mm

• @6892c8f771=Tommy:

its been dropped 40mm

Spot on, good effort!lol

Straight thru system with a 5 inch rear box and de-cat
    lowered 40 mm
    got some brembo standard discs and ferodopads for the front to go on
    air filter and some subs

as i said want to go lower!

had a lot of problems with my mx since i had it,

all wheel bearings changed, c.v.joints, on my second engine, new wish bone both front droplinks

just got a bit settled with breakages now :? just planning my swap and a possible turbo.

• are they 18s? I want some alloys, but i was thinking of 17s and dropping it 40mm, will they look small?

• yeah they re18s, got a 45 profile on them which makes it sit pretty high, i thoght about17s but got these cheap, the 17s ll still look pretty mint if you get the right ones 8)

• 18's look good, although 17's will keep a bit more performance.

Looks, go 18, performance- go 16…

But cars looking good dude 8)

• Gotta love those rims, how cheap did you get them? (go on make me cry)

• lovely alloys! can u tell me where u got a de cat? and if it as a full system or just a sepperate part! im thinking of getting a custom one made full decat system from going from the end of manifold to the back box euro 600 so about 350 gbp

• got the wheels for 400, second hand, with 2 pilot sports on the front(they grip like mad!) :lol:

I wanted a de-cat pipe, but the guy that did it just put a straight pipe in! gonna be interesting come mot time!

350 ish sounds fair, mine was about 300, custom all s/steel with a carbon jap can on the back. make sure it comes with a guarantee. my standard exhaust fell off due to the rust snapping the pipe right behind the wheel.
    and theres a lot of work to get it into that shape behind the wheelas well.

• A DE-CAT PIPE is just a straight piece of pipe that replaces the CAT.

Its that simple. it just replaces the CAT.

As for MOT if your MX3 is a 1991 or 1992 then it is LEGAL to remove the CAT.

If not you can either put in a Hi-FLOW CAT or swap back to the old CAT for MOT time.

Of course my advice is to make sure you keep it legal.

• Well not posted for a bit, but i ve got the next 3 days off so time to tidy up the mx.

Before

Gettin the aerial off, back lock smoothed and the old number plate holders off.

Fog lights have taken 10 years of shit of the road, so they re off and painted.

Got a set of clear indicators waiting to go on the side, gonna do the sidelight mod and got some tint spray for my rear lights.

Need to do a rocker cover gasket change, not lookin forward to it because off the intake manifold having to come off. :shock:

• Well as the weathers been pish up here the last week not done as much as i wanted.

Wee update, rocker cover gasket done absolute pain in the neck aint as easy as it looks. Front indicators cleared. Fog lights finished and ready to go back on. Went and bought some new componets today, the sizes are 165mm all round and fit straight on. And i got 2 vibe blackair subs from my mate.

I ll put some pics up later.

• soubds good mate!

• Where did you get the clear indicators from?

Need to paint the foggies on mine! And the wind deflector from the sun roof!

• @8bed31ead7=Pheo:

Where did you get the clear indicators from?

Need to paint the foggies on mine! And the wind deflector from the sun roof!

If you mean the front indicators that was a diy job with long nosed pliers.

And the side ones you ll see when i put some piccies up!lol

• Small update, just ordered my coilovers should be here in the next few weeks.

Thinkin about some new wheels which ones do you think,

These in 16s

or

THese in 17s but a bit wider.

• i like the 5 spoke ones look cool, however the darker ones could lok really good on a white car!?

how come your going for 16s or 17s and getting rid of those smart OZ? although both of those new rims look a similar style to the ones you have now!

• @f5da5eaf75=jamesmx3:

i like the 5 spoke ones look cool, however the darker ones could lok really good on a white car!?

how come your going for 16s or 17s and getting rid of those smart OZ? although both of those new rims look a similar style to the ones you have now!

Well the 17s weigh 8.5kg each, and the 16s weigh 7.5kg!

Going for handling and acceleration really and a bit of looks, with the coilovers i want to get the car right on its hoop. Dont think i ll be able to get it down on the 18s that i ve got. Been out a few times on some back roads and the cars handling really shit.

Whichever ones i go for they ll prob be gunmetal.

And its all prep for the ZE, the good points about the 17s are that i can get slightly bigger brakes behind them.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB