Cambelt change images

• @bc1650b087=kaiserno.12:

have you tried it with the foot brake on?

**Yup :D

We're currently at:
    1. Fire.
    2. Turn it over.
    3. Screwdriver inna flywheel.

These will be attempted in reverse order tomorrow.**

• When I did mine it was a case of jam the flywheel and then use a windy gun + a lever bar just to get it to crack, took about an hour of swapping them and taking turns to just get that small movement need to break the seal it had created, once it did it was off

• **We eventually got it by putting a screwdriver into an access hole in the clutch and jamming it against the side of the hole the starter motor came from. With my able mechanic on the screwdriver and me on a two foot breaker bar gently increasing the torque on it, it cracked.

We just put the new belt on (and Christ is that a palaver) - the belt that came off has covered about 44k in 6 years and looks pretty much like the new one - and we're having a tea break. Next up is to put the covers and pulleys all back on, and we've decided to leave the mount until last simply for knuckle clearance.

For reference, the timing marks didn't all line up until the hydraulic tensioner was on and the ram engaged. Two full crankshaft rotations later, they're all still there. Two more and they're still there. It's a bit of a dark art if you're doing it yourself.

I'll put up a thread tomorrow some time with the pictures and tips.**

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB