Cambelt change

• Hi ive just bought a 98 r plate v6 and i am new to this site,its a lovely car with loads of history no rust only 72,000 miles for £500 which i think is fair money,only thing is theres no sign of a cambelt change,ive been quoted £300 fitted by a local garage,is this a fair price or not can anyone help? ps i used to own a 323gt 16v k plate for 7 years never let me down once,till some tit nicked it

• Congrats! Get the pics up.

Is that with belt, new pullies and new hydraulic tensioner? It's <2 hours work on a standard car in my experience. Not sure what garage rate and timing belt kit cost is atm.

• @Marco:

Congrats! Get the pics up.

Is that with belt, new pullies and new hydraulic tensioner? It's <2 hours work on a standard car in my experience. Not sure what garage rate and timing belt kit cost is atm.

Hi sorry for late reply only just had it done yesterday,yeah £300 all in pullies tensioner the lot,it was the original belt as well still had japanese writing on it so def needed doing,not sure how to put pics up any help on that….

• 300 quid is a good price in my opinion because the hydraulic tensioner is expensive on its own.
    To put pics up on here you will need a photobucket account or something similar and follow there instructions on how to copy the URL to the forum.

• Ok cheers I'll try and sort something,I'm no computer wizard so will get someone at work next week to sort it out,my car is totally standard no aftermarket mods at all,there can't be many left like that,think I'll keep it that way,but I would like a tad more power out of it any simple tips you can give

• You can get an induction kit and a decent exhaust but you will only unlock more noise, increase engine response but with no gain on power. Personally I'd upgrade the suspension, brakes and add a short shifter for more fun in the corners

• Must admit it does sit a bit high could do with lowering a tad,only thing is it had new shocks discs n pads for last mot couple months back just before I bought it,be a shame to change um when there brand new,l shall be keeping it for near future so it's something I can consider,ya just think with that engine it would have great potential of been able to be tuned up a bit

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB