Play in clutch

• Ok, so finally got my MX3 started and moved from storage. I have an issue with the clutch.

When clutch pedal is depressed, from top to halfway down I have no pressure (slack) then from halfway to bottom it has full pressure.

I can still select gears, but clutch bite is almost immediate whn going to pull away.

any thoughts what the issue could be? Fluid level appears fine

• sounds like its got air in the pipe somewhere, have you checked for any leaks / wetness

I had a similar thing and the rubber pipe that joins the metal pipe on the bulkhead to the gearbox had a small split in it try there

• ok will do thanks

• sounds like its got a leak.

Check all the pipework.

• Checked pipework, couldn't see any obvious leaks, is it possible clutch could be stuck? Car has been sat for quite a while. If so any suggestions for freeing it up? Other than taking the bloody gearbox off!!

• Get someone to push the clutch pedal in and out and physically look at the slave and see if it's pushing the clutch fork in and out. You should see a smooth decent range of movement. Very easy to see, directly under the distributor area towards the front.

• If the plate is seized on then I think they can be freed by towing the car and pumping the clutch pedal to free it off so the drive shafts are rotating it and the clutch freeing will cause it to snatch

• Problem fixed, got my mechanic friend to have a look today, he did something to master cylinder, so its fixed for now, could need a master cylinder shortly though

• Probably bled the system (Just done the brake's and clutc on the FD) but if a seal has gone then it will need a new part or rebuilt if they can be.

• Probably bled the system (Just done the brake's and clutc on the FD) but if a seal has gone then it will need a new part or rebuilt if they can be.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB