Cats & Decats

• Yes Very pleased Ricco :D No havn't heard any 'pops n bangs' yet but havnt really given it the 'full beans'! I only drove it from my fathers garage on friday as he has an inspection pit which aided fitment somewhat :D(about 10 miles or so).

I have noted that at 'queing traffic crawl speeds' in 1st gear and no throttle input with just natural idle rpm the car is vvvvery smooth (even up hill!) whereas before it used to surge and lunge and I had to depress the clutch to correct this?

The engine braking has lessened too and if you stab the throttle in neutral, the revs deffo rise quicker (or smoother?) and don't fall as quickly as they did before I would hope making smoother gear changes?

No, no smell of 'RICH' when warm, but deffo a different smell when cold (more petroly?)

No it'll never throw a light up on dash, as my 1996 GS hasn't got an CEL! :bigok: I did do a code pull at the DLC and no codes were showing I intend to do another pull a 100 miles or so from now, I dont forsee an error as the O2 sensors are upstream of cat bypass pipe, they may take more time to activate/wake up which may throw up codes 15 and 23 but I think those codes are for 'non activation'???? We'll see next month????
    Ill post my findings if any? :shock:

Oh! for anyone interested, Im running stock air box/filter, with front duct blocked and a 68mm cold air feed tube running from base and poking out through plastic undertray (summer use) I revert back to stock layout in winter to prevent icing up of filter element and faster engine warm up, (less fuel and more pennies in this yorkshiremans pocket :P ) kev b.

• Where did you get it bud?

• Ebay, company called 'ETS' 'Euro Trading Syndicate' I will try and post up original listing or a screen snip of it. I said TRY! :?

• Tried…..... and sucked some seed! :D

• Thanks bud, added to my 'to buy' list. Need to get the KLZE in thd bloody car first lol

• :respect: :( Wha wha….. I want a 2.5 mill.... the rumours are disturbing! :D :mrgreen:

• Looks a good fit, just need a nice stainless system and you are ready for some real popping action

• Mmmm neighbours dont like me already due to all swearin that eminates from the 'man cave' at all hours, adding 'popping' and a 'shouty' exhaust to the mix might tip them, resulting in masonary products ventilating my double glazing!!!! :shock: although…"Once you pop you cant stop" Ive heard it said :P kev b.

• Thanks for the feedback, sounds like positives all round :cheers:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB