Have some questions, first mx3

• Hey guys, I bought my 94 1.6 mx3 two weeks ago tomorrow and I'm having alot of fun driving it. I have a few question I hope you guys can answer lol
    1. When I first start my car it will idle for a long time, but after driving around (doesn't matter how long usually) it will idle for a short time and then shut off and I have no idea why

2. My car seems to be very jumpy in 1st and always jumps in second around 4000 Rpms, but than I can continue to accelerate after a while. Is this a problem or is it because I'm just not used to it yet? (Used to have a 87 jeep wrangler) it's not that I can't go in first without it jerking but sometimes it jerks really bad.

3. And finally I was curious to why my car accelerates fast up to about 120km/h and than SLOWLY crawls up to wherever I want it, fastest I've been able to go is about 150-160km/h

Thanks for the input!

• CUTTING OUT
    If it only does it after the car has been driven for a while, It might be a temperature related issue. Its fine from cold but once its up to temp its having a problem.

You need to test this by keeping it stationary and just hold it at 2000 rpm for 15 mins or so with the bonnet closed then turn it off, then back on and see if it will idle OK.

IF IT DOES NOT IDLE OK
    Then you can assume its probably temp related.

IF IT DOES IDLE OK
    Then take it for a short ride round the block and see if it still idles ok when you get back.

Let us know what happens then we can help more.

THE JERKING IN FIRST

Can you describe it more.

Is it 'Bunny Hopping'? losing power then sruging forward?
    Or is it stuttering when you try and accellerate?
    Does it do it all the time? from cold or only when engine is warm?

Try and describe it better and see if it does it from cold or not. The more you describe it and pinpoint when it happens the more we can help.

JUMPING IN SECOND AT 4000 rpm

You need to describe this better.

Does it do it from cold?
    What do you mean by jump?

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB