Sooty 2.0 - Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE - rear bumper respray

• Wee update. Did this months ago but sure. GENUINE MAZDASPEED YOOOOOOO

Had a bit of fibreglass work to do. Also filled in the badly placed number plate screws in favour of the real holes which use m6 bolts. Back garden spray in 2k. Also had to make room for the IC behind the support, wasn't willing to chop up this bumper in any form! Fitment is fantastic.

• I want that bumper…... Nice work mate

• That bumper looks class!!! You always doing great job on your car. I may drop mine in for your back garden spray painting, lol.

• Thanks guys! It's all in the wet sanding and DA polishing!

• admin

Looking good Marco!

How easy was it come by that Mazdaspeed bumper? I'm still wondering if I want to go down that route, they do look great though!

Jono

• Difficult jono. There are replica bumpers about but I've never seen a mazdaspeed one for sale.

• What primer you using,Marco? And what paint? I'm thinking to go by 2k supergloss .

• I use the upol high 5 looks like this: http://www.smartexpress.co.uk/products/Aerosol-U%2dPol-High-5-Light-Grey-Primer.html

2k solid, make sure you've a mask that is appropriate, 2k is nasty nasty stuff!

MS bumpers are super rare, there are a good few reps in US/Can but they're not as good fitment as the real deal. I love them <3

• Some other updates I forgot to add:

Upgraded to a proper variable TPS using an automatic BP throttle body. This gives far more linear response and accuracy for megasquirt :)

And a cheap unused K&N for Mr snail:

I rebuilt a rear caliper, it was quite a chore cleaning it up! It was starting to wear grooves in my discs so was due new seals etc.

Also changed the cam cover gasket as the generic brand one failed after about 9 months use. Mazda OEM FTW!

Still looking clean under there:

Been working on this for a few days, only passenger side done:

Rx-7 FD seat in an Mx-3, horrible task as the mx3 rails are at different heights, spacings, angles etc! Took many many hours of drilling, grinding and welding. Super comfortable, love these seats!

• About time I did an update. Car has been running well. Swapped in my Walboro 255, improved 3rd 4th AFRs, but did reveal how it starves with less that half a tank :?

Annual testing:

Got my custom evo8 manifold skimmed flat, no more leaking :)

Current big project: OEM JDM LSD swap from v6 to i4 G series box.

Ring gear fun

'bout flipping time…

mmm

helical

ARP bolts and nuts

Only identifying numbers:

A beautiful sight:

So the box is all bolted up. Just getting axles ready then it's time to slip the engine out and tidy things up.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB