Import Wiring

• Hi there everyone.

Right I finally got around to taking my whole wiring loom out of my car and it has had some really dodgy repairs at some point and there is definitely a short on the knock sensor. So I went to my wiring diagrams I have and can not find the knock sensor listed anywhere in the 3 pages for the engine. So my question is does anyone have a wiring diagram which has the knock sensor fitted or can tell me where the wire goes eg if it goes through anything or if it goes straight back to the ecu and which pin out is uses.

much appreciated in advance for any help

• http://mazda626.net/topic/41030-knock-sensor-connection-to-harness/

Closest I could find on the net. Do you own a multimeter, so you could test continuity between the plug and the ECU?

• @456015c693=youdirtyfox:

http://mazda626.net/topic/41030-knock-sensor-connection-to-harness/

Closest I could find on the net. Do you own a multimeter, so you could test continuity between the plug and the ECU?

Indeed I do and thanks so much for that I will give it a check over. I promise i did try doing some google searches but didnt find that. Many Many thanks

• for anyone interested

Well I can happily say I think I have finally singled out the problem. As mine is the import it comes with a knock sensor and the electrical diagrams I have dont include a knock sensor so did not check it. Basically now all the loom and wiring is out I checked it and the knock sensor wire was shorting between its main feed wire and its shield wire that surrounds it that is earthed. Also that earth is joined with the fans. So basically when it first shorted to earth it told the ecu something was really wrong which then made the ecu go into safe mode. Now when in safe mode both fans come on so sending a much higher amperage 12v done that earth and then back threw the shorted wire buggering all other sensors in its line such as the throttle position sensor and maf and also then sending that much higher amperage back towards the ecu. Thankfully the link blew and not the circuit board.

• Thats great news if that's whats been causing you all those woes.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB