Hector's - KLZE Turbo Project

• –-

UPDATE
    Im done, ill post a vid on thursday.

• heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE6jtIJYaPU

also its smoking on start up..seels like oil is getting past the dynamic oil seals.. bleh.. i need a real turbo.

• it's gettin fast hector ..
    You can almost beat me … :)
    My K8 is from hell :roll: :twisted: :lol:

Got to get me a KLZE :D

• whys everone going mental over the klze conversion its a easy conversion..

Get Dropping Different engines in.

• Welly, that could be , if you live somewhere with easy access to the KLZE engines…
    i live in Portugal, can you send a engine to my house ? I can only order a KLZE from the netherlands, so ...

• ok an update. I was able to kidna run it right…

at idle ill be like at 12 , at cruising ill be like at 14 and under boost ill be around 11.2 - 11.9 NICE

its a HUGE power difference..

Now why was i running crappy? well the fmu wasnt even connected to boost/vac.. and my afpr was set to like 50 psi!

Ok.. connected the fmu.. and it went WAY rich.. 10 at idle and 10 under boost..

I lowered the afpr to 30.. still ran a bit rich at idle.. wtf..

i know .. but well..

lowered to like 15 psi at idle and it idles perfect. Cruises perfect.

Apparently the millenia s injectors make a HUGE difference.. i wonder what the afs would be if the stock fpr was there...isnt that like 35 psi or something?

anywho like i said, the wideband reads nice and rich under boost, nice and lean under regular cruise (not to lean or rich) an at idle its sorta there. My fuel mileage went from like 12 - 15 mog to around 20 -22 mph.

The car will no longer idle fluctiate.

Clutch does not slip at all under normal driving conditions, under boost it will a bit.

I got a replacement act clutch now :D

ill try to make a vid in the weekend.

• awesome stuff. Great to see someone doing it all themselves! What clutch were you running before?

• i was using a gripforce f1 clutch from ebay. it lasted me around 3 years. not bad. :) the new one is a act clutch.

• ok guys sorry, i have not updated in a while heres a shirt video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NSQvry2rYI

idle afs are nice now.

The first ebay turbo i had smoked..

I didnt learn my lesson but this seller from ebay "justintercoolers" got me to get another one.

There are two versions of ebay turbos, the first gens serial numbers start with K and a bunch of numbers. and thats it.. the oil housing looks kinda like a knock off lol

The second gen turbos are better built, i will only use it for less than 3 months.
    Doesnt smoke. They come balanced. I spoke with the seller directly and explained how cheap ebay turbos i thought were, he assured me it would work, gave me a 90 day warranty. I said.. well 150 ? why not.. shipped..

got it .. installed and no smoke. Holds boost nice and no play at all. No more smoking oil!

ext step is replace the clutch, i got it but havent had time.

then wire megasquirt.

then get a real garret turbo. Should be all done by march of next year.

check out my other videos!

• lol what bastard gave you 1 star?! I gave you 5 to try and balance it out ;) Got the clutch in yet? Ever gonna dyno it? How come you went for klze turbo instead of the usual de?

• I was not planning on boosting thats why i went klze. but then i wanted more power so i did it.

Right now the engine is out of the car and transmission. I replaced the clutch and timing belt. Cleaning the engine bay. I just bought a parts car and will use all those parts for my car.

Ill post a video during the week.. actually i got a video of my car running without the turbo hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi9LomPJWFc

thats before i took everything out.

• I also am cleaning my engine bay, gave it some new paint here and there too! But sadly my klze has not arrived yet :(

Haha I've never seen a turbo setup running without the turbo :shock:

have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GIaG228lwo

@d2428df5b0:

It was stock. 25+ psi on a complete stock kl. He was working on doinag big build and in teh meantime he just threw boost toa stock motor. it did like 50passes on the quarter before it blew.

dynoed at 540hp - stock KLZE(apparently but more likely DE surely?!) on 25 psi :o I'd settle for half that and reliable!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB