Will it fit?

• Got my old 1.8v6 damaged and it needs to be replaced.
    I have an option,to get 2.0v6 from mazda 323.
    Question- will my current 1.8v6 5speed manual transmission fit the new 2.0v6 engine? Also- my mx-3 is from 1991, the engine is from 1997. Will there be no problems, just casual swap? Thanks!

• im sure the fit as its a k seires enging im using a 1.8v6 gearbox on a 2.5v6 engine with no problems

• @43fe2db7b0=jay:

im sure the fit as its a k seires enging im using a 1.8v6 gearbox on a 2.5v6 engine with no problems

Do you have any info about electrical related problems? I'm curious if the 1997 2.0v6 will have OBD2, because mine old 1.8v6 from 92 have OBD

• im not sure about that i now the mx has to be an obd1 but not sure about the engine but as for the gearbox it dosnt matter

• trans will swap right over. and the engine can also. ODB1 or ODB2 has alot more to do with the wiring, then the engine itself. you can make any year engine ODB1 or ODB2 by just using the correct sensors.

• Heya, tranny should go straight on with no hitch, if its a 92 with 97 engine, it gets complicated doing a swap for OBD1 to OBD2, if they are the same its a simple swap plus you will probably need the ECU with the 323 engine as there is a good chance its different to the 1.8

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB