FFS

• 24 springs $190

Though I also bought new retainers and keepers/collets for the intake side. KL31 exhaust side I reused. I think it worked out at $400 of bits, so £200 landed back in the golden years of $2:1£

I bought new from Alistair Interprep tuning http://interpreptuning.com/

They come up on occasion on forums, but it's not too often.

TBH DE are fine unless you're high revving and have cams to make it worthwhile.

• currently negotiating to buy a couple of sets and get them in the UK ready for anyone else that wants to do it :bigok:

• ahh you're a good lad DJ!

• Can you buy uprated head gaskets ? Or are good oem usually Ok ? Even IF you were talking boosted applications

• Mazda oem are good for over 500whp :)

• Good good, that's prob why I've never heard of a performance alternative

• Mazda Direct or PAYEN gaskets.

Just don't buy the crap from ebay or probestore they might claim OEM standards or higher but they are just cheap chinese crap.

• IThe head gasket kit arrived today, its the same ones they sell at our local autofactors but half the price

TBH at the moment I am struggling a little, house collapse, head gasket and over christmas while prices are rock bottom I filled my garage with used marine parts that have cost me thousands for my ebay shop so its now a waiting game - I had 7 outboard engines at 1 point now down to 5 although I did buy another from the bootsale sunday :shock:

• The DE valve kit is purchased and on its way

I purchased 2 so I will have one for sale when it gets here :bigok:

• Sell me your ms bumper for a tidy profit :)

• FFS x 2

The engine was coming apart today for the heads to be removed for skimming etc and then noticed by the plastic casing for the cambelt a small pool of water in the V base in the block, we took the metal pipe waterfeeds that fill the V out of the mountings and the main waterpipe has rusted away underneath the main O seal

So this explains all now that when the engine was running the bubbles at the filler cap must be from air coming in through that and that is where the water is going to

Just ordered a brand new one from mazda with all new seals and was surprising as they said the item isnt a stock item and has to be made at the factory and shipped out so we are going to rebuild the engine with that and see if that makes all the difference and has cured the fault

If it has :cheers:

on the otherhand I now have over £200 of brand new KLZE parts that I dont need :(

Also found the dizzy cap and rotor arms are on their last legs so they have to be replaced

Really surprised by Mazda too as that water pipe made to order comes in at £48 in 5 days :respect:

• I phoned up the Mazda main dealer today too! For a dizzy O ring, surprised it was only £2.86 and I could pay by card over the phone :D

Glad you got a new pipe and not one from the scrappers

:D

Hope it does mate!

• I do hope so and I hope its here thursday evening as promised by mazda as I have the tunnel run saturday with a hotel booked in london otherwise I will be going in the largo and watching them all come out of the blackwall tunnel :x

• FFS Number 3

Just opened parcel as its a new instrument cluster with 41k on the clock as I broke the needle on the fuel guage on my other and they have sent a dashboard for something else, I am guessing a saab

will this bad run ever end :(

• Lol poor Dj. That's your set of three. Don't start another! Any spare Mazda HGs send them my way ;)

• I just hope the overheating caused by the water loss hasn't done in the headgaskets for you,,,, fingers crossed.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB