Camber bolts.

• Anyone know the difference between front and rear camber bolts?
    Want to know if you can use fronts or the rears too, ta

• **I have eight of them (two for each corner). They are, as far as I'm aware, identical.

Yes, that means Marvin currently has 4 degrees on the front :lol:**

• Cool ta. Safe using two per side?!

• Yep. Of course I wouldn't actually be running 4 degrees when he's moving, but if you want a bit more than 2 (or if your bolts only go to 1.75/1.5, a bit more than that), you'll need to run two on those corners.

• Btw what kit are you using? I was looking at the J-power forged carbon ones for £20 ish for 4. They state -/+2 with 2 bolts…

So you mean -2 each corner = -4 in total up front?

• That is kind of scary to me. I have heard of off brands failing, but in the states we do get a lot of cheap Chinese crap. I still don't know if I would feel safe running 2 on each corner. I would just try and get camber plates, or notch the strut hole out.

• Ive heard that too, but Ive also read about people using 2 for a while now and its ok, so could be brand related as said.
    Im only looking into the rears at the moment so where do these camber plates fit Josh how much are they and were from please.

• @3c6a2f0d37=youdirtyfox:

Ive heard that too, but Ive also read about people using 2 for a while now and its ok, so could be brand related as said.
    Im only looking into the rears at the moment so where do these camber plates fit Josh how much are they and were from please.

Cusco is the only place that I know of that sells them for the front and rear. They do not have them listed on there site however you can still purchase them. Mine cost me 250 a set. the rears will raise the car just slightly. But it makes adjustability a breeze

• Thanks Dood just found them! Would not recommend the J-power camber bolts if you where going to use them, the fitment wasnt great 1 got jammed and I had drill it out which was real easy as it was soft as…. I would say get the Eibachs.

Thats a fair amount of dosh for a set, but as you say ease of use is why you pay it :D

When you say set do you mean F&R were 250?

• @f192130491=youdirtyfox:

When you say set do you mean F&R were 250?

That is just the fronts or just the rears. Now I paid that to a US based company and they had to be imported to the US, so there was more cost on top of Cusco's cost. I would think that on the other side of the pond that they "might" be cheaper to obtain. I would expect at the least 190 USD.

I would stick with Eibach camber bolts as well. They are good, I purchased two sets long time ago but never actually installed them onto my own car, as with the Eibach springs i was within spec. they seemed nice quality. and I trust the name.

The only other option would be to slot one of the strut bolt holes, but with the coilovers I don't know how doable that would be.

• Cheers I'll give em a call one day to have an ask on price fo sure.

funnily enough the upper hole of the rear coilover mount was slotted to a small amount, now on mine that slotted hole is at the bottom but i doubt i would be too tricky to do with a decent jig of some sort. I did read breifly that 1mm of slot = .8 degree of camber.

• I gave EDO performance my VIN number and they are saying rear camber plate not available for the MX3 :?

http://shop.edoperformance.co.uk/cusco-rear-upper-pillowball-camber-mount-for-mazda-mx3-bg68-p-13589.html

• Rear chamber plates are available. K sport has them, I believe corksport as well, and probably (pricewinnar) AST as well.

• I thought they would be! Oh well someone just lost out on a sale as I fancy a dirty little ghetto slot now and save myself some dolla :)

Thanks for posting up though.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1335392

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB