Thinking of off roading for a while

• Well this week another fault appeared on the car so I am considering buying another car to cruise around in while this one is off road and being repaired and modified
    Havent even started on bumpers or bodywork yet as I am still busy at work but the list of faults is fast growing and I need to spend some time on it to get her back to perfect
    This week, oil seal on alternator gone, oil leak appeared on rear rocker cover
    Magically vanishing cooling water - Where the f*&k that is going I have no idea, all pipes seem fine cant see any sign of leaking pipes, new rad fitted and its still dissappearing, its either the filler cap leaking pressure and turning to it to steam and leaking out the valve or head gasket and its slowly leaking into the cylinders but I dont have smoke in the water so doubt that
    Brakes need doing again so have all parts in for that ready to do that so along with all the body panels to get done plus all the powder coating for the engine bay so I get 2 jobs done in one hit when i take the engine apart
    Its all mounting up fast :x :x :x

I have been looking around and found a lovely mk1 supra twin turbo or mk2 celica I may buy to cruise around in the winter while I take mine apart :wink:
    dont want to as I could spend the money on mine but i need to remove her from the road for a while, or I could get the microcar going and cruise in that at 30mph everywhere :lol: :lol:

• Mk1 Subaru justy or panda 4x4 your have so much fun if snow does come!!.
    When I done ze plant I was loosing water for about 6mths then it just stopped I put it down to a air lock. It never overheated or like you said was going anywhere so I just kept topping up but now it's fine. Strange .
    Luckily my 7 yrs of ze ownership, I've only had one distributor go and that's been it, no idle issues or anything. So hope that gives you a bit of peace of mind that they are good reliable motors , although you prob know this :)

• Aye that is sometimes the problem with highly modifying a daily driver… getting it ready for monday again!

Could try some UV dye in your water then scan around with a blacklight might show up a slight leak somewhere?!

Carefull on that supra you may never want to come back to mx3 ownership hahaha

• sam - i know that supra looks amazing only 36k on the clock and its an aria edition so you can remove the whole roof panel :shock:

garfy - these things are bullet proof and i am at a loss to where the water keeps going, cannot find it anywhere but I am desperate to keep it all up together and when you get an oil leak onto a manifold it just stinks so I want to get it all done properly so I am saving $$$ to get more powder coating done as I have all the engine bay parts and brackets I want to get sorted now so its a case of taking them and getting them done plus a few more parts :wink:
    I may crack into the brakes this weekend and blitz the lot of them, I am keen to try the green stuff pads, now ordered a set of rocker gaskets I just need to find that elusive short neck inlet and I can get that powdered too

• luckily, I have a Ford Maverick as my other car, so when the snow comes, fun fun fun!

• I'll be in the MX for the winter I guess…. snow ploughing big style this year hahaha

• I curse the salt. I want a plastic car.

• Here you go Marc!

http://www.qdoscars.co.uk/zest.htm

would look mint slammed!

• 21hp at the rear wheels! 380kg though, serious power to weight potential :lol: Imagine turning up to a drift comp with this wagon

• Pchop says yes!

• lolololol working on a follow up…

• OMG hahahaha thats quality.. I bet he gets all da bitches with that machine :D

• too much time on your hands mate but quality artistry,

• lol

They see me rollin
    They hatin

• MK1 supra TT? I think also you mean aerotop? Anyways the only supra MK1 that had a turbo was a single turbo. The TT's didn't start until the MK3 with the 1 JZ-GTE and 1G-GTE engines and neither by the looks of it did the aerotop roof make an entrance until 1986 which is mk3 territory. I'm not much of a supra geek honest, I've only had 4 of which 3 were aerotops :) If you ever buy a 1jz-gte car with an r154 manual box you will probably never want another engine type again. It is the most revvy turbo charged car you will ever drive. The power available with very limited spending is also very impressive. 400 bhp from very little upgrading is achievable

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB