Can I change orange side indicators to clear?

• Afternoon all

Please help!

I'm trying to get cut down all orange and red details on my silver mx3, paving the way for an accent colour (electric blue or a mid electric green I haven't decided yet).

I've swapped my tail lights for lexus style ones thus getting rid of the massive expanse of orange and red on the back of the car. Original lights look good on red and black mx3s but too red on my silver car, I reckon chrome lexus lights suit the silver better, bit tacky though.

I've cleaned up my front indicator lenses and taken the orange out sheet out.

Now the final bit of colour are the orange side indicators. Searching google and ebay and this forum I can't tell whether these can be replaced with clear ones. Can anyone tell me if these can be replaced? If so, where can I get them? Maybe ones from a different model would fit?

Cheers guys

Mia x

• Hi Mia, the side repeaters in the wing yes? Yes you can replace them with silver in colour ones that flash amber(the important bit) using LEDS. There are a universal fit though so I would imagine it will be a double sided sticky tape affair to get them on there and a bit of choppy with the plug.

I expect youve seen them on ebay so I wont put a link up. I think the US boys found an OE fit clear set of a US car but not sure if there available in this country

• I am sure they could be replaced with some clear ones but 1. you would need to change the bulbs to orange ones and 2. I dont think there were any clear ones made for our cars. I am sure you could find some from a different car that would fit in the gap but may look a bit out of place

• simple, yes!, heres mine below taken from a mazda 6, only need a crimp tool, spade lugs and clean silicon to do the job if i remeber, was about 6 yrs ago!. and are leds so ive never taken them out.
    No one has actually mada a list of retrofits options.
    Good luck!.

• @dd3ddef679=Garfy1981:

simple, yes!, heres mine below taken from a mazda 6, only need a crimp tool, spade lugs and clean silicon to do the job if i remeber, was about 6 yrs ago!. and are leds so ive never taken them out.
    No one has actually mada a list of retrofits options.
    Good luck!.

that looks so much tidier :)

• oh heres rear lights also on mine, if you search for fly eye tint it is more legal than my conversion.

• Thanks guys, esp Garfy1981. I'll get some mazda6 ones (and of course swap the bulds for orange, for legality).

Mia x

• Also nice alloys Garfy1981

• mazda 6 has orange leds inside already. I got them from mazda. I think there is also a small bit of plastic that i had to dremal off, but honestly it wasnt a hard conversion. You will possibly need to remove wheel and inner arch cover, but again it easy.
    Its good to help a fellow silver owner :D

Alloys will be for sale very cheap in 2012, probably not inc tyres tho.

• I'm interested in those alloys, I'm wanting new ones. Can you tell me what size they are? I've got 17" wolfrace and want to downsize

• Mine are BK racing 17inch x 7.

You might have to image search them tho as i think the product number has changed now :(

17s are good if you have lower suspension otherwise they can look a bit odd.

Edit, part number is BK238

• @0b88b76be2=Garfy1981:

oh heres rear lights also on mine, if you search for fly eye tint it is more legal than my conversion.

Is that red tint spray? did you have to change the bulb colour to green or something to make it flash amber?

• Yeah its red tint. I tried oem lamps not orange!!, tried orange lamps still not right!!, then I tried ultra bright orange led lamps with load resistors and they work a treat !!, only thing is on the brightest of summers days you can't see them!!, but all round they are fine. They have been through about 6 mots now like that. It was one of my 1st mods. I'm just not impressed by the lexus style ones. And that was all I could come up with to improve the looks and remove that big puffin beak !!.

• lol puffin beak great anology. Lexus no for me too! plus there indicators are terrible to see during daylight.

• Garfy1981 let me know when you're selling those alloys I really like them

• i thought you wanted to downsize so 15s? They wont be available until 2012 mine. But on plus side they wil be cheap.

• I've changed my mind on 15"! 17" suits the car. I'm in no rush I'm just keeping an eye on ebay alloys and on here aswell for some nice ones to turn up, and yours are.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB