Disabling aircon

• is there an easy way to remove disable the air conditioning in my mx3. looking in the manual it says fuse 10 or 11 under the bonnet but that fuse is also for an extra cooling fan which i believe i have. can i not just disconnect it under the bonnet somewhere. pictures would be great as i have no idea what i am looking for :) thanks

• Am I the only one thinking.. Don't push the switch?

Serious: \ That extra fan behind the rad is the aircon fan, it's not used for cooling in the same way the other is.

• pull fuse or pull switch out and remove plug on back - job done :wink:

• get a non air con unit heater control unit. Pull the fuse, rip out all the pumps, rads and belts just leave the connection plugs in the engine bay. It will just look like a non air con model mx and if you sell you wont get knocked down for air con not working. Plus you save weight and get that extra 0.35 sec to 60 :D

• the only reason i ask is because i get a whirring noise when i start the engine which i assume is the air con pump. i know it doesnt work and i dont really want it to work, the mpg is bad enough as it is lol. i have searched and i cant actually find a fuse for it. i pulled out no 11 under the bonnet and still no change.

• @ef3fa1f875=daniel:

the only reason i ask is because i get a whirring noise when i start the engine which i assume is the air con pump. i know it doesnt work and i dont really want it to work, the mpg is bad enough as it is lol. i have searched and i cant actually find a fuse for it. i pulled out no 11 under the bonnet and still no change.

get a non AC belt if the noise is still there then its something else

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB