MX-3 discussion on retrorides

• Dood I subscribe to the built not bought policy Im afraid, anybody with enough dosh can buy a high end car, not many can build one though. So what it is your trying to say here? apart from the '3 is faster round corners (and over bumps) than a ££££ 600hp mega beast! :P

Whilst my turboed and slammed car when finished would never sell for the 3K its going to cost I know I could break the car and make nearly 2k back no problem.(paid £900 for the car)

Engine swaps can be done for under a grand so can turbos with this car,
    that is afterall what the backyard tuner society want, cheap reliable fun power with a hint of sleeper. My workmate was runnning a second hand greddy turbo kit on his miata 1600 for years that cost him £500 for everything, and gave great reliable results.

dunnno about 2.5 Im afraid, Im a 1.6 kinda guy ( will end up making the same power with phase II of the project though;)

• @1341b1ed71=dangerous:

What's the weight difference between the 2.5 block I see bandied about on here and the 1.8 lump? Is it just a re-bored or over-bored version of the 1.8?

**Just about none and yes, in that order.

Though I largely agree that, at least to be considered a classic, a car must be able to stand on its factory merits - which is why one of my MX-3s, the 1998 last-batch model, is mechanically standard besides replacement wear & tear items. That said, the number of 205 with Mi16 swaps doesn't detract from the classic status of the 205 GTI and nor should the number of MX-3s with KL swaps detract from the status of the MX-3 V6.**

• @56156b5ada=youdirtyfox:

So what it is your trying to say here? apart from the '3 is faster round corners (and over bumps) than a ££££ 600hp mega beast! :P

dunnno about 2.5 Im afraid, Im a 1.6 kinda guy ( will end up making the same power with phase II of the project though;)

NO no no I never said the 3 was faster than the 600 bhp car just the MK2 bargy type one on the roads I drive on now. The Do-Luck car would if it didn't keep breaking utterly destroy the 3 and rightly so the money it flaming cost. What I am angling at here is that having owned multiple aristo's I am more than familiar with owning a highly underrated virtually unknown vehicle.

OK so I can now see why you'd stick a 2.5 V6 in if its basically the same lump as the 1.8.

Has no-one considered putting a 2.5 TT 1JZ-GTE lump in an MX3? Lightweight inline 6 that if you chuck a single turbo on it is more than capable of over 500bhp, granted you'd have to put the power out the back which going on the weight distribution would be quite difficult.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB