Buying/Selling SCAM….

• I had my Mx3 forsale on a website online and some guy thought he would try and pull the wool over my eyes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hello,
    Thanks for the swift reply,and i was luckly to meet your advert of the Car,I
    am interested in purchasing the Car ,it suits my requirements perfectly.

THESE ARE MY TERMS OF TRANSACTION:

1. I WILL BE PAYING WITH A BANKER'S DRAFT / CHEQUE WHICH I WILL ALLOW TO CLEAR
      BEFORE THE PICKUP/SHIPMENT OF THE Car.
    2. I WILL INCLUDE FEES FOR SHIPMENT IN PAYMENT,THIS MY SHIPPING AGENCY WILL USE
      FOR PICK-UP.

The excess funds will go towards covering costs for shipping,shippers
    fees,insurance,tax and any other expenses that might be incurred getting it down
    to the new owner.
    I will want you to get in touch with the following details if my terms are okay:

FULL NAME….........................
    FULL ADDRESS.........................
    TELEPHONE NUMBERS...................(Mobile and Land)
    PROVINCE.............................
    COUNTY..............................
    POST CODE........................

As soon as i have your details,i can have payment effected immediately, all
    things being equal,we should have this wrapped up by one or two weeks.
    Pls note that you'll have to send the balance on the funds that you'll get to my
    shipper so he can come attend to the pick up as soon as you make the Car ready.I
    beleive that most transaction are based on trust,so i will look forward to a
    succesful transaction with you.I am ready to pay you £1800 without pricing it
    but you will have to promise me you are going to sell the Car to me and also you
    will clear the advert away from the site.

Best Regards.
    Mr Alan.

What Do You Think People???

• Sounds a bit shady to me. I seem to recall reading something similar and the scam was something to do with even though the cheque / money order clears the bank revokes it within a few days and takes the money back. Cant remember exactly how and why though.

• sounds like its a definate scam to me, but i would change the title of the post as i was reluctant to click it. just my thought!

i would say if you are going to sell a car do it face to face!

• scam!! a mate had the same

• Defo Scam…This is a Nigerian scam. You'll lose your car + the draft is a stolen one and you'll lose the money too. Check the ip address of the sender and you will find it originates from a city in Nigeria. Do an ip whois search.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB