Alfa failed its mot

• how on earth are they expecting people to buy that? I mean come on now, thats just ridiculous! I guess it aint mazdas fault, more the government, but thats just stupidly priced, I thought the £200 my car costs was pricey lol

• £200 is cheap jesta. The new range rover V8 petrol… be ready for this....

£900 for the first years tax! Then it goes down to the more managable £445. so, olets say you have just bought one, you then have to get to the post office and fork out another £900 just to drive it anywhere. that is sick!

• If you can afford to buy a brand new V8 range rover, you can afford to pay £900 to tax it!!

• well yeah, but even so, thats far too much either way, i know that its in good cause, it forces people to consider cars that are more environment friendly, but there has to be a limit of normality, whats with the first year thing anyway, surely that makes no sense?

• Normally when you buy a new car its 'on the road price' so the dealer will pay the road tax, probably double so the government can make as much money as possible, any excuse

• pay enough in fuel tax, youd think theyd just get rid of road tax with the amount of money they rake in from petrol

• They cannot get rid of road tax, it pays for the dvla and its the only way to keep check on who owns what annually, you get rid of tax you get rid of people registering it in their name

• @7e166b3b0c=djmarcopolo:

They cannot get rid of road tax, it pays for the dvla

**Not true since the 1960s. Road tax was originally ring-fenced for motoring purposes, but taxation was homogenised - all tax goes into the Treasury and all things funded by tax are paid out by the Treasury.

Council tax is the exception, but this is charged by local councils and not by the Treasury.**

• @eda89f79db=Famine:

@eda89f79db=djmarcopolo:

Council tax is the exception, but this is charged by local councils and not by the Treasury.

Another fascinating fact about council tax is that over 40% of what you pay each month goes to paying pensions for public sector workers :evil: :evil:

• @20d36c470b=djmarcopolo:

@20d36c470b=Famine:

@20d36c470b=djmarcopolo:

Council tax is the exception, but this is charged by local councils and not by the Treasury.

Another fascinating fact about council tax is that over 40% of what you pay each month goes to paying pensions for public sector workers :evil: :evil:

What can be done though? make it all pvt? what about the poor 11k a year man? i am classed as a publc sector worker and the pension rules have changed so it not such a great deal for younger people it was capped off a few months ago. Its funny to me that 40% of my tax goes back into my wages.

yeh and something about an alfa erm they are unreliable lol

• haha yeah this thread fell way off topic didnt it. oh btw im the 11k man :( wages in cornwall are the lowest in the country.

• i'll be back in a 3 soon ;)

• LMFAO

• not funny, insurance is cheaper than the alfa lmao. and the cambelt is every 60k on a 3 rather than 30k on an alfa, plus i wont need balancer belts, tensioners and a bloody variator at each belt change. i am thinking about saving money, trust me haha

• @9a3af01519=daniel:

not funny, insurance is cheaper than the alfa lmao. and the cambelt is every 60k on a 3 rather than 30k on an alfa, plus i wont need balancer belts, tensioners and a bloody variator at each belt change. i am thinking about saving money, trust me haha

you can dress it anyway you want mate, but we all know its not about saving anything, you just want a 3 :D

Im a £13k man (after tax,dunno how you were counting) I work in a factory, do you guys must work in mcdonalds or tesco?

• mcdonalds down here pay like £6.50 an hour. thats more than im on mate hahaha. sad old £5.93 for me. even my girlfriend is on more than i am :roll: and yeah i do REALLY want another 3 :D

• ouch

• yup. minimum wage for me dude. although i do get £25 an hour for my IT skills lol

• atleast that helps, one thing youll never be short of is people and computers, and people will always mess up computers :)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB