Mazda Eunos Presso

• So, my new insurance disc arrived today and it reminded me that I've had this little JDM beauty just over a year. It feels like much longer, but then again alot it's probably been the most eventful year of my life in fairness! I can still vividly remember the first time I saw it, sat into it and took it for a spin around a multistory carpark. As soon as I seen it in the metal, I knew I had to have it. Putting my foot on the throttle reaffirmed that! It had been so long since I had driven anything with a bit of power and it felt like a monster compared to the girlfriends 1 litre Corsa B firing on 2 cylinders! It's funny, as I've just fallen in love with the car all over again after a few weeks of being really annoyed with the hard ride and scraping off every insignificant bump on the road. But know I just want to spend all my money on it (again)!

It also got me thinking about how much the car has changed over the past 12 months, and how unbelievably lucky I've been with getting pretty much all the rare bits I've wanted. From spotting the JDM splitter amongst a cluttered joblot photo for €20, to getting the full length skirts off of Keith after the first buyer pulled out. The car is sitting pretty much exactly how I want it in terms of aesthetics (apart from the need for Jap plates).

With a car like this, you can't always plan on how you're going to spend your money on it. I had always planned on getting the suspension and engine sorted first, and then worry about the aesthetics. But with these cars, when something you want pops up, you've pretty much got to drop everything because they're so rare, God knows when they'll turn up again. But know I've got pretty much all the rare bits I'm really after, now I can focus on handling and power.

So far, what I've done -

Mazdaspeed gear knob.
    Sony Xplod headunit.
    Rays Mazdaspeed MS01R's
    JDM Splitter
    Full length USDM/JDM sideskirts
    Rear spats
    Hatch garnish
    Front strut brace
    Gmax Lowering Springs
    KSport coilovers (in place of the lowering springs :p)
    B&M Shortshifter

Still to be fitted -
    Eunos SS sills
    Wind deflectors (need fixing up)
    KL36 (just need to find a KLZE to go with it ;))

Doesn't look a whole lot when I write it down, but there's alot of money in those bits! I really should have the KLZE in there now, even went and bought a KL36 ecu, but unfortunately that deal fell through.

Now, plans for the next 12 months? I'll start with a brakes upgrade and a rear strutbrace and a few other suspension bits. As for the engine, I was set on a KLZE but I'd love to try get more power out of the K8ZE. This car has literally given me zero trouble since I got it (apart from my HT leads packing in one day).

I think its fair to say, this car would be nowhere as far a long as it is now without this forum and the bits I've been able to get off of guys here. Thanks lads! Delighted to be part of this community!

• Project present and future looks really good, Its good when you get that mx bug!, get yourself a ze in there and it will open up a world of full throttle and reduced mpg !. its an amazing engine. Try and get an experience in one if you get the oportunity.

Keep up the good work.

• I have to say it, I really fucking love that Presso.

• @efcfc26266=Lori:

I have to say it, I really !@"* love that Presso.

I feel the exact same way. top job on modding it.

• KF01 Cams

I also took a few photos of the three amigos, before the silver one meets its doom.

• Those cams should be a nice upgrade for the K8 I am eager to see the outcome. I here the intake mani flows better too.

• The KF mani flows better? I'm looking at getting a KLG4 or a KL31 mani and port out to it. A KF01 (not sure if thats the right code?) might be an idea too if it is meant to flow better.

• I thought that there were a couple bolts or the ports were off to use a 2.5 intake mani on a 1.8? if you could make it work that would be far better choice. I was told that the KF 2.0 mani was an upgrade to the K8 intake mani.

• I'm pretty sure the Millennia Mani bolts up perfect but you need to port out to the kl31

• Inspired by Lori's MS exhaust vid, I thought I'd post me own! Bit muffled but sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7iMadBa5tI

In doing so, I found another couple of vids by the guy I bought it off of. He seemed a bit afraid to push it on though! lol

• Oh that sound… :respect:

• So I got her up on a buddy's lift yesterday to have a look at where she is scraping. As I thought, the front cross member is taking the brunt of it, but the entire length of the exhaust is getting it and ths downpipe has taking a big hammering.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to raise it up a bit :-( It just can't deal with the roads here and its ruining the fun of driving it to be honest. Sickened!

• yeah i was never low enough to scrap the bottom of the car because of the tire size i choose but i had to raise it because the front wheels where rubbing on not the fender but the part that protects the engine

• No rubbing on the wheels, just the state of the roads here is a joke. Massive camber on either side and ridiculous speed bumps and potholes. Farce of a country!

• Well, haven't updated this in a loooooong time.

Around this time last year, I made a deal with a guy in the UK to swap a set of coilovers for a KLZE. Sent the coilovers in good faith as he needed them for that weekend (or some BS excuse), sent the courier to collect the engine…but on three attempts, the courier couldn't get in touch. Excuse after excuse, and I ended up selling the coilovers to another guy in the UK, who then went and collected them from the guy I had made the original deal with.

I think that was the 3rd or 4th time a deal for a ZE fell through. So, I took the money for the coilovers and some money I had set aside, found an '84 RX7 FB for sale and went on bought it, ya know, to cheer myself up :D

Since then, pretty much every penny I've had has gone into the FB. Only thing I've done with the Presso is keep it well maintained. I finally got the FB on the road in July, and since then, the Presso hasn't seen any road. I've been tempted to sell it, and have had some semi-serious interest from a local-ish guy (he has a mint Familia Turbo saloon :love: ), but haven't had the heart to move it on.

So, until I decide what I'm doing with it, I've made some space in the folks' garage and managed to get her in there out of the elements. It's hard to know what I should do with it. I could take the chance to give it a really good overhaul. I think the ship has sailed on the KLZE to be honest. I'll keep the K8ZE until it gives up the ghost, and hey, maybe try throw a 13b in there :lol:

As for the 1.5 silver Presso, I've pretty much gotten rid of every bit worthwhile (apart from the B5ZE). I'm going to take the wing mirrors off it tomorrow and then send it for scrap.

I passed the AZ3 onto my brother, who we then passed onto Marco who has transformed it into an epic turbo bullet. I smile so much when I see what that guy has done with it, unreal!

Anyway, this is how the Presso will lie for the next few months anyway.

• carpeted garage - how the other half live lol

• Old sitting room carpet haha.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB