Mazda Eunos Presso

• Yeah I'm a bit conflicted on what to do!

Coilovers are sorted, if only the caps were as easy to get! One of the old Ford heads around town gave me a tip - find a lid off an aerosol can that will fit, cut it to size, spray it black, stick a mazda sticker on it and glue it on :P

• ha I like that idea of the aerosol caps, but you can buy all different size proper wheel centre caps over the internet. I managed to find some for my new alloys that popped right in there! If you cant find any though mate I can make you some stainless steel ones if you want?

• That might be an idea bud, only thing is that the caps are screw ons so that might be a bit of an issue with the threads?

• Yes that would be an issue Im afraid :(

• My postman brought me a late Xmas present today - KSport coilovers :D And I've also won this on ebay…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-Mx5-Mazdaspeed-Gear-Knob-/300640836495?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item45ff971b8f

Should fit in well with my interior :D Its not mint, but sure what is inside a 21 year old car? :p

• A couple of (slightly) better pics of how she stands now.

I won that MS gearknob, so thats in the post and one of the guys from mx-3.com had a floormat badge he's posting over to me because the previous owner must have kicked the one off my driver side one :p

Coilovers will be going in once I have a free weekend and the ZE seems to be getting closer!

• very nice looking,man 8)

• v.nice!

• I came across what I thought was a cheap import AZ3 online down the country that had some nice JDM bits on it at the start of the week. After talking with the owner a bit during the week, I took a road trip down to Bandon to take a look this morning. 7 hour round trip, but turned into 8 or 9 with talking to the seller, bit of food, petrol etc.

So, we took off at half 6 this morning. Half an hour in a it was petrol stop time!

We met up with the owner at around 10am and he took us to his friends house where the car was kept. It turned out to actually be a Eunos Presso. It wasn't as clean as it looked in the pictures, but I nothing unrepairable and it would still be well worth getting even just to break for parts. In the pictures it had a JDM wraparound spoiler, but this had been replaced by an after market spoiler and hatch garnish. So, we opened her up to find the interior had got pretty mouldy, but that wiped off pretty easily and the seller knocked 50 quid off the price, so happy enough. There were a few nice surprises when I got in. The car had a full set of original Eunos Presso mats, in better condition than my own, genuine stainless steel sills and that missing wraparound spoiler in the back seat. We jumped the car and it kicked into life. It sounded and moved very well, and the waterpump issue was just a leak. So, by half 11 it was time for petrol stop number 2!

Now - seeing as its a Eunos Presso I figured it was a 1.6. But the log book has it down as a 1.5. Here's the engine bay if anyone can shed some light on it for me!

The car is likely to be broke in aid of my KLZE fund. I'll probably end up keeping some of the bits for myself, but the kit and altezza lights will more than likely go.

• Looks like a 1.5 to me?
    Also I'd be interested in buying front bumper. I've already got wrap around spoiler so I'm nearly there on jdm spec :) plus I wouldnt need to re spray it.
    If front bonnet and badge is any good I'd consider a road trip.

• Ya just looking for the splitter or the whole bumper?

• Supose splitter is all I need. but if I had to road trip it ( just edited last post re bonnet ) Id take the bumper also .

• Just noticed skirts too !!!. I could have the whole kit and not worry about spraying.
    Pm me price on bonnet, splitter alone, bumper with splitter, and skirts. And price for job lot :)

• The badge is okay, no worse or better than the one on my own. Not in the best condition but I'll take some pictures tomorrow. The bonnet looked pretty good, but the bumper is a bit worse for wear. The splitter is in very good nic, one mark on it though. But as I said, I'll throw up some pictures for ya tomorrow!

• The skirts have dibs on them, but if that falls through I'll get onto ya. I'll pm you tomorrow once I've a proper look at the bonnet. I'll probably be looking around £80 for the splitter.

• Cool, ahh jdm rear bumper too lol.

• Haha, bumper is in good nic - spent the whole trip home looking at it :lol:

• Just had my first drive of it - fuck me it can shift. For a 1.5 that yoke is well able to move! Tempted to turbo and track it.

• I'm really in two minds about this car now - break it or turbo and track it.

• that has an erebuni rear spoiler if you decide to shift it, nice looking car anyway

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB