Koni adjustment?

• Got gmax springs to go with the new koni shocks, just not sure about adjusting them….
    Seems pretty simple but how many turns do i need to get them right?
    Don't want a bone shaker round these roads.... :?

• Thanks.
    Got the 86's(twin tube), reading those links should be 1 turn (25-30). Should find time to fit them next weekend' I'll let you know how they feel :D

• yeh cool let us know, when i changed my suspension I had to anglegrind the drop links off as the nut was completly seized and the allen key hole inside to bolt had rounded off.

• One step ahead on that, ordered bolts from Mazda, should be in in a couple of days. Everything else has been a bitch, so not leaving it to chance :D

• Are the Koni's inserts? i.e still using part of the original shocks, or are they seperate entities of their own i.e full replacements for the originals?

Cheers

Hammy

• From the part no. ^ and looking at his worklog it would seem that they are inserts.
    @89b0ba1431:

Vehicle: MX3
    Years: 91-97
    Setting: Koni Special

Front Shocks Information
    Part Number: 86-2442
    Type: Twin Tube Hydraulic
    List Price: $238.00 (each)
    Our Price: $174.93 Quantity:

Notes: Special Order Part. (Note # K+)
    Special McPherson strut insert bolted into O.E. housing after cutting top and removing old internal parts. (Note # K5)

Rear Shocks Information
    Part Number: 86-2443
    Type: Twin Tube Hydraulic
    List Price: $238.00 (each)
    Our Price: $174.93 Quantity:

Notes: Special Order Part. (Note # K+)
    Special McPherson strut insert bolted into O.E. housing after cutting top and removing old internal parts. (Note # K5)

• inserts fo sho

tommy d on here many moons ago had them

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB