Everything I've said recently…..

• lol I had a mk1 saxo when it was 6 months old in 1999, was fantastic until it broke down one day, took it to citreon they put it on the computer and it was crap from that day on

• @4f04ead483=nexussteve:

My main project car is a Micra (K10)
    Amazingly reliable cars.

Like most, if not all, Nissan cars, everything is over-engineered to take more than it needs.
    For e.g. a 1.6 Primera Engine (115 bhp) on stock internals could take up to almost 400BHP!!

Join up to the MSC (Micra Sports Club) if you do decide to convert :)

I think I'll be heading down the Micra route to be honest. I used to hate them with a passion, but after seeing some seriously stanced ones with some serious engine modifications, I've been turned around, cheap insurance, cheap to run and cheap tax, the only thing is finding one that doesn't need the sills welding apparently.

• From all the micras that came into my work the sills were either gone or close to it

There pants bud all nissans are bad for the old tin worm

• **I drove a K11 Micra 1.3 once. The wheel was positioned as if the driver was a trucker (or bus driver), the engine was as responsive as a teenager at 8.30am on a Sunday, it took bends like a fat man in a hammock and it braked like a rollerblader on an ice rink. All in it was about as much fun as a dead leg - with as much feeling.

I got out of that utter crap-pile and into my car and it felt like I was Ayrton Senna (not the dead, wall-headbutting one). Bear in mind my car at the time was a Mk3 Fiesta 1.3…**

• They are total crap standard. Everyone knows that.
    I don't even like K11s, personally! I'm a K10 man!

Want a cheap run-around that will last forever? Buy a Micra. Simple as that.

• @05e0fe433d=nexussteve:

Want a cheap run-around that will last forever? Buy a Micra.

It won't actually be forever. It'll just feel like it.

• lol ive seen that red 4 door 1 at pod its a great looking and they are bullet poof

• go for a NA scooby

• @230d2137a8=Famine:

It won't actually be forever. It'll just feel like it.

Thanks Mr literal!

@230d2137a8=Jay:

lol ive seen that red 4 door 1 at pod its a great looking and they are bullet poof

Yeah, the guy calls himself "Hooded Reaper" on the forums. He's got a good eye and taste for modding.

• @8b0aefc32f=nexussteve:

Thanks Mr literal!

It was more a comment that driving a Micra makes a ten minute journey feel like a month. There's no coincidence that most Micra owners are very young or very old - they get the cars as teenagers and, bam, fifty years is added to them overnight…

@8b0aefc32f=nexussteve:

Yeah, the guy calls himself "Hooded Reaper" on the forums. He's got a good eye and taste for modding.

**He didn't when I first encountered him…

Of course that was before he drove it into the back of the car in front:

Twice:

And we won't mention how he mounted his "harnesses" in the red one:

Except to say "Fuck me! Does he want to die in a crash?". Luckily it never happened, because with his good eye for modding he mounted his cold air intake feed in his wheel well, drove through a puddle too fast and killed the bulletproof engine to death…

Of course that was three years ago and he may have changed since then.**

• :lol: some of your finest posts on here Famine.

• @b4ace45788=Marco:

:lol: some of your finest posts on here Famine.

I completely agree with that, something very unusual in the way it was all written, like an epilogue or something

Saw that harness kit and was gobsmacked, did like the crashing and arch K&N mods, genius :D

• Everyone has to start somewhere, and cannot hope to be perfect right away. Seems like you got the perfect modder gene then Famine?

Regardless of the useless posts on here (not helping the general purpose of this thread) I still stick by my initial statement.

• @a03ae84130=nexussteve:

Everyone has to start somewhere

**Indeed. Asking people who know more is a brilliant starting point - then you don't accidentally fit garottes instead of seatbelts (assuming the unreinforced, standard seatbelt mounts hold when asked to take stress perpendicular to their design, rather than peeling the heads clean off and not decelerating the occupants at all).

That is, after all, why sites like this one exist, right? Ask people who've already been there and done that for help.**

@a03ae84130=nexussteve:

and cannot hope to be perfect right away

**There's a very wide margin of error between "perfect" and "catastrophically dangerous", like those belts. There's also quite the gulf there when you make a modification because you think it's a great idea (cold air feed down low so it actually draws in cold air) without bothering to think of the consequences (water is down low too, so taking care not to drive too fast through puddles) and killing your "bulletproof" car in the process…

When he started out, he was your usual modder. Joined a cruise site (Hellesdon Cruiserz - which I believe is now Street Elite Cruiserz, and he's admin thereof), did the daft mods that everyone else does (illegal front lighting, "badboy" bonnet, smoothed boot with relocated plate, massive sub enclosure in the boot), wrote a car off... the usual.

I'm sure since 2008 he's improved massively, and he's got some humour about his teenage past. You've got to admire the cojones to stamp "NISMO" all over a 75hp (plus air filter) Micra though, and it is at least clean and largely subtle - but if you're holding him up as an example of a good eye and taste, we're not going to be agreeing any time soon.**

@a03ae84130=nexussteve:

Seems like you got the perfect modder gene then Famine?

**I don't recall fitting anything illegal or dangerous to my cars yet. There's still time, of course…

Whether that can be classed as perfection - or even modifying - is a discussion for a duller day. But it's a step up from hoodedreaper.

In fact, individuals like the 2008-version of him are a danger not only to themselves and road-users near them, but all car enthusiasts everywhere. Not only does their style of driving (two shunts through tailgating in the same car?) and their way of entertaining themselves (cruise clubs meeting up in carparks, behaving in an antisocial manner) stigmatise all of us, but their illegal and dangerous approach to modifying cars is the source of more and more restrictive legislation to prevent us working on our own cars.

Imagine what would have happened had he killed himself or a passenger with those "harnesses" (rather than just the car). Remember this guy? He modified his Land Rover brakes, they failed, he crashed into a lake and his four children died - road safety groups were calling for legislation to stop this practically as soon as it hit the water. The DVLA have already changed the rules on engine swaps and if the car enthusiast/modification community isn't careful we'll end up with similar rules as they have in France - where power-based performance modifications are, and I shit you not, banned outright…

Mind you, in the UK his parents would probably have just sued Willan and Nissan...**

• In addition to taking you and your passengers head off with those belts, the mounting bolts are not only not on a reinforced bracket or body panel, but thats also the fuel tank, would be suprised if they effort was gone to to drop out the fuel tank to drill those holes and mount the bolts for them.

Other peoples safety should always come first over your own, if you do something moronic to anything, youve always got to ensure other people wont be effected, if you injure or kill yourself, well, you did it to yourself, involving unwilling or unknowing others is completely unacceptable.

• @f24ef88c0e=nexussteve:

Everyone has to start somewhere, and cannot hope to be perfect right away. Seems like you got the perfect modder gene then Famine?

Regardless of the useless posts on here (not helping the general purpose of this thread) I still stick by my initial statement.

yes exactly, you learn by your mistakes its part of the process,
    its (hopefully) what makes you do it right the next time or the time after that!

air filter, harnesses, crashing all school boy errors, no need to make
    a big deal out of it is there Famine?! some if not most have been there before… hell I even poured antifreeze into my windscreen washer bottle
    and had to get my Dad (GRHS) to syphon it out when i was a nipper, and I dont mind admitting it :wink:

• Jesta - where he's bolted the harnesses down is actually where the original seat belts in the back were. So he was using the existing threaded holes.

Not that I'm making excuses for him…

• @0cdf34e269=youdirtyfox:

yes exactly, you learn by your mistakes its part of the process,
    its (hopefully) what makes you do it right the next time or the time after that!

air filter, harnesses, crashing all school boy errors, no need to make
    a big deal out of it is there Famine?! some if not most have been there before… hell I even poured antifreeze into my windscreen washer bottle
    and had to get my Dad (GRHS) to syphon it out when i was a nipper, and I dont mind admitting it :wink:

People still crash today, if you find yourself smacking someone up the arse twice, then your going too fast, your brakes are shit or your following at a retarded distance, or should that be closeness?

Mistakes are part of any process, even carefully planned ones cant encompass all the given situations, however, a mistake in safety lands you injured or dead, NO mistake or compromise can be taken on safety. As you so rightly say, its all part of the learning process, but being dead makes learning somewhat difficult.

Famine isnt making a big deal out of anything, hes merely proving a point, and for some bizarre reason people are fighting him over it, hes right, you know he is, we all know he is, is this how you would do your car? Theres a right way and a wrong way, so far, theres only been the wrong way displayed in this thread, and yet still its being squabled over and defended by yourselves, even though your admiting its the wrong way, what your saying makes no logical sense and infact seems to be supporting mal practice.

• Thread cleaned,.. please keep this on topic….

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB