Everything I've said recently…..

• Bert's dead, I've just kicked the living sht out of him, what a piece of utter sht. If I could move the piece of crap I'd go and set fire to it, why have I been wasting my time trying to keep the car on the road. Sorry folks, it's all over, Bert is going, I've had enough now. It won't start and I'm stuck with a f**king heap of scrap blocking up my yard! :evil:

• Despite the optimism I thought this was going to end this way.
    Shame but all cars die eventually!
    Did you not say you were getting your other halfs 206 ?

Bad times :-(

• @f9f4ced332=Garfy1981:

Despite the optimism I thought this was going to end this way.
    Shame but all cars die eventually!
    Did you not say you were getting your other halfs 206 ?

Bad times :-(

I had said that but at the end of the day a choice of a big payrise or a car was easy, the pay rise won out.

• Gutted for you Bro, but needs must and all that.

• Well, I got Bert running again thanks to the help of the Pug, but that's it now really, more electrical issues means that's it really, I thought for a second that it was all good, maybe I shouldn't have washed the car, all was fine until that moment I decided to take a sponge to it. I dunno, you start caring and it bites you in the ass :cry:

• could you not keep all the good bits off yours and buy the cheap SE in the "spotted this for sale" section :D

• @b8e6ab26aa=daniel:

could you not keep all the good bits off yours and buy the cheap SE in the "spotted this for sale" section :D

If I'm honest mate I'll be staying well clear of Mazda for a long time, if not, forever. For the past 2 years I've had nothing but grief, I've known people sell RX7's worth 15k for pennies due to the issues, people with RX8's sell up and go for 1.5 Civics. If I didn't need a car on a daily basis to be reliable, I'd stick with it, but the truth of it is, I need something that works every time I turn the key and I hate praying as I'm far from religious.

The fact that I've got a more reliable Peugeot is the full on killer.

• mine never let me down. every car has its issues and you could get a replacement k8 engine for about £100. i know the feeling you are going through though. it was nice to see a different approach to tuning an mx-3 and yours certainly had that in spades. would be a shame to see you go bud

• @a26cf5782c=daniel:

mine never let me down. every car has its issues and you could get a replacement k8 engine for about £100. i know the feeling you are going through though. it was nice to see a different approach to tuning an mx-3 and yours certainly had that in spades. would be a shame to see you go bud

The fact is I bought the car about 2 years ago as something to get me to work and back for £375. I'd looked at the usual suspects in the price range (corsas, saxos, etc) then this jumped out like a dirty minge. It's paid its dues and now it's costing me way too much. I'd love to keep the rat going but sensibility has to take a big step in and take over really.

• If anyone's interested, I'll take £100 for Bert minus the wheels and stereo (and a few other bits).

• How did you get car running again? Jump start? TBH RX7's & RX8's with the wankel engine, you should stay clear of in the first place different engine altogether, my mate said the RX8's are good for 40,000 miles then its an engine rebuild :shock:

Most jap cars are reliable if maintained, perhaps you got a 'friday' car. Whatever car you get next, stay on this site :wink:

• @3c18e6c6f8=mx3gulf:

How did you get car running again? Jump start? TBH RX7's & RX8's with the wankel engine, you should stay clear of in the first place different engine altogether, my mate said the RX8's are good for 40,000 miles then its an engine rebuild :shock:

Most jap cars are reliable if maintained, perhaps you got a 'friday' car. Whatever car you get next, stay on this site :wink:

Yeah, jumped it off (again). I think it's the return of the dreaded electrical issues I had at the beginning of the year. I agree, Bert must have been a Friday car for sure. I know this won't go down well, but when I was at my peak of anger I booted the rear quarter, guess what? It dented and guess what? It was predominantly made of filler, I actually dread to know what has happened to this car in a previous ownership but the whole thing is seemingly made of filler. The front driver wing, filler, the rear quarter seems to have a 3mm layer of filler, passenger wing, bashed in near the light, doors rippled, original bonnet was messy, wheels were crippled, sump guard missing, mismatched paint (when it was silver(ish) ). Lights broken. The HPI check was all good, but that obviously didn't show non insurance repairs, Bert's been in a big accident at some point in his life, I just wish I could give him the life he deserves the poor mongrel.

I'll be staying here bud no matter what, if it's scoob, you'll know, if it's a Micra, you'll know, if it's a Corsa…...... You won't know because I will have hung myself.

• you ever lifted up boot carpet to see if there is any signs of damage to rear end in previous ownership?

• yeah defo stay away from corsa's and please, if you can stay away from saxos (my pet hate). fair do's £375 for 2 years of driving is pretty bloody good if you ask me. i expect you will be back to an mx-3 once you have driven some of the other shite out there for the same price. :)

• @99de795446=mx3gulf:

you ever lifted up boot carpet to see if there is any signs of damage to rear end in previous ownership?

If you remember I ran a stripped back end at some point, there were no signs of crumple - age, the front looks a little wrong but that's about it. I think Bert has said "hello" to a wall at some point sideways.

@99de795446=daniel:

yeah defo stay away from corsa's and please, if you can stay away from saxos (my pet hate). fair do's £375 for 2 years of driving is pretty bloody good if you ask me. i expect you will be back to an mx-3 once you have driven some of the other shite out there for the same price. :)

I very much doubt it sadly, I've never really got on with the MX3, I love the car from the front and some aspects of the side, but it's that hideous green house on the back that I hate (I've already spat my dummy over this part of the car so I won't go into it again- I just hate the tail gate).

TBH, a well done saxo can look good (like a J Euro style- big power and OEM, slammed and cambered). I'm more than likely heading diwn the MicRaT K11 route (slammed, dished and dirty).

• And when I say MicRat, I mean something like this….

• Tbh dude just check cables around the alternator and battery cables could be an easy fix if there a bit frayed rusted get the most out the remaining mot on it even if it is a bodge job

• K11 turbo would be awesome mate. yeah the mx is a bit of a marmite car from the back. its a bit probe ish but i loved the styling. to me saxo = chav car, yes they handle well and are fairly nippy for 1.6 but i just hate them with a serious passion lol

• @4444aa0414=daniel:

to me saxo = chav car, i just hate them with a serious passion lol

Seconded! shite cars

• My main project car is a Micra (K10)
    Amazingly reliable cars.

Like most, if not all, Nissan cars, everything is over-engineered to take more than it needs.
    For e.g. a 1.6 Primera Engine (115 bhp) on stock internals could take up to almost 400BHP!!

Join up to the MSC (Micra Sports Club) if you do decide to convert :)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB