Bushes..

• Its a long shot but i was gonna post on http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=34 to see what they wre doing, as we could potentially get a set from the usa but might only be worth it for GB, which im sure you know im defo up for.

But i cant because i cant open my own topics because of lack of posts!

• drop a PM to wysbishop, he is the guy who sorts out the GB for bushes. Will be able to help you out.
    He is also the only guy who will know measurements etc.

• We have lift off!

Reply on mx-3.com from wytbishop

@0d6e78f51a:

How many guys do you have? Because there is a minimum order from the machine shop that does the spacers I need to get a certain number of prepaid orders in order to afford the up front costs.

If you have a large number of members who are ready to pay I can have bushings sent in a couple of months without a problem. If the numbers are good I'll bring the price down a bit.

I have registered on your forum so that I can discuss it in person. Waiting to be approved.

Charlie

• After looking things up i've found out that 323 bushes fit zx2, and have found two mx3's in the states that have had zx2 bushes fitted to them as an upgrade, so by my reckoning 323 should fit.
    May be a waste of time and money, but will have a go and see if they work and let you know! F*** knows how i'll get to work if it goes wrong!! :o

• yeah keep us in the know pinballwizard. :)

• Greetings All,

My name is Charlie and I am the creator and proprietor of Wytbushings Inc.

barrywhite21 contacted me on MX-3.com aking about bushings so I have signed up here to offer to answer whatever questions you all might have.

The deal with the poly bushings I created is as follows…I purchased a set of Superpro bushings from a gent in the Southern US who had purchased them in a group buy on ClubProtege but never installed them. As it turned out a few of them were incorrect for the MX-3 so I drew up the necessary corrections, had a mold made by a company close to me whose business it is to do such things accounting for shrinkage etc. and had another plastics company nearby pour the parts for me. In the initial GB I manufactured the sleeves and modified the special washers myself on a dinosaur lathe belonging to the company I work for. However I have secured the participation of a genuine machine shop who will make the sleeves for me at a reasonable cost. This means the quality will be top notch and allows me to make a few tollerance updates.

In the original GB the kits sold for $370CDN + shipping. I believe I coul dbring the price down to about $300CDN + shipping in order to make it more appealing. As suggested by pinballwizzard there is a solution for making 323 parts fit for the front, but as far as I am aware there is no other good solution for the rear suspension.

I am willing to sell rear only if there is sufficient interest in that, at a cost of about $220 including lateral links and trailing arms. To be honest I have reverted my own car back to stock bushings in the front for comfort. The poly bushings do their job well but make for a very harsh ride.

marcdh and Mooneggs whom I'm sure you all know will vouch for my honesty and the quality of the product. Here is a link to the product information thread on MX-3.com and my feedback thread for your interest.

Let me know your thoughts.

Charlie

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67487&hilit=wytbushings

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66529

• Hey Charlie welcome along!,
    I was on your last group buy which failed unfortunately :-(
    I'm still after a set although I'm half hearted in buying a 2nd hand set from
    Mx3.com but the rock hard 90A of that particular set is putting me off.

• Going down to workshop in devon this weekend, 323 bushes have arrived so i'm picking up a pair of trailing arms of a scrapper in guildford on the way and will have a go at fitting them over the weekend .
    Will let you know the outcome next week.
    P.S anybody going to brands hatch this month? :D

• Hi guys, just got back from devon. Rocker cover gaskets done, so she enjoyed a pipe opener on the way home(i'll say no more).
    Picked up scrap trailing arms, 323 bushes are slightly to small, but could be made to fit if bush was sleeved as inner collett is correct.
    Decided not to bother to much as had a bit of luck and scrap arms have nearly perfect bushes in.
    Can donate old arms for moulds in a couple of weeks if it's any help :D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB