Cambelt cost…

• I doubt its even been done anyway, all that stuff cant be checked, new and old cambelts look the same, your not gonna tell the diff between lifters and valves beside carbon build up on the valves, and no ones gonna take the car apart to check that. Id have refused to pay, but then, I dont deal with warranties or garages like that. Warranties arent worth the paper their written on, its always someone elses problem, I took out 3 years protection with argos when I bought an xbox 360, when I got 3 red lights I though I would be able to just take it in store and get an immediate replacement, nope, had to go to microsoft because microsoft extended the warranty to 3 years, despite that, argos should still have honoured the agreement as it was paid for, come to think of it Im gonna look into this as surely they should refund my extended warranty money?

• I am sure you could get the warranty back if they refused to honour it. you may need to fight for it. I bought a USED xbox 360 from GAME and i got the red ring of death and still managed to get it sent back to microsoft for free as they sent a courier to pick it up and a courier dropped it off again. (P.S microsoft have extended the red ring to 5 years now :) ) so as long as your xbox is under 5 years old (should be a date on the plate on the back of the xbox) i wouldnt even bother with warranty as the red ring seems to be all that goes wrong with them which is covered anyway

• 5 years now is it? blimey thats a corker of a warranty! cant fault them for that, sure they made a mistake, but by god theyre doing the best they can to put that right, what if you have to take them up on it, do they send you one of the new ones out? My mrs has got one of the old platinum ones before they fitted them with HDMI, warranty is out on 23rd June, tempted to overheat it on purpose if she can get a new shiny one :D

• My dad went in and had a massive row with them in hedge end branch when a friend of his took her car in for a new battery and then it broke down a little while later, turned out the battery was twice the size it should be and both terminals had worn through the sound proofing on the bonnet and just shorted out.

Just so you know most halfords technicians are not qualified mechanics, they are all taught in house on their own training scheme :evil:

• Its like that Jiffy Lube in america, they did a investigation thing on the news about it, charging for filters and not fitting or not even putting in oil but draining it out lol

• In house training is never a good thing, especially when it comes to mechanics. I have "in house" forklift training and I hit a few things in my old job lol.

Yeah its 5 years now jesta. I dont know if they replace them but saying that when my xbox got the red ring i was so pissed off with it that i pulled the disk tray out of the xbox (ooops) and when i got it back it looked like a brand new xbox but i couldnt tell you. I did the "towel" trick about 3 times and that wouldnt work anymore so i had to call microsoft. You could always try it and see what happens. I might have to pursuade my misses that we need an xbox (sold it before i met her) as i have never played Forza 3 :shock:

• if you want one, missus is selling hers for £40, had bugger all use since I bought it for her, its a 2006, 20gb, microsoft seal still intact, thats how little its been used, its never been on long enough to get a red ring lol

• hmmmm keep hold of that for a week or so and i may well take you up on that. do you have paypal and how much delivered? is the controller cable or wireless. :D

• oh yeah and is there any games? cheers. the misses said she might buy it for me :D

• lol, for 40quid you want games included? besides she doesnt play it so any games that go in it are ones she borrows from me, yeah got paypal and can have it delivered but no idea on cost, depends what service you want, 1 wireless controller, where are you in devon?

• Im actually in cornwall so a fair way off from yourself. just thought i would ask about games as you never know :P i sold mine a while ago now and do miss it. i will have a chat to the misses and see what she thinks bud. postage should be ok as a standard parcel i think.

• Guys, do not post by standard parcel - no proof of postage/delivery + no insurance and delivered by parcelforce muppets :evil:
    Try parcel2go.com and pay via paypal or send via 1st class recorded

Special delivery is better for electronic equipment as its insured up to £500 but a little pricey :wink:

Also sort the rest out via PM, I will clean this thread up very soon as its further off topic than time team trawling strip clubs

• lol yeah it is a bit, we need a thread for general nonsense.

• yeah sorry about that, i have a tendancy to ramble about random shite thats going through my mind lol

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB