WTF does this do

• trying to figure out where this goes and exactly what it does

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/fse-powerboost-valve-mazda-mx3-1-8i-24v-93.html

• Looks like it just adjusts the air to fuel ratio to me bud.

• I asked about these a while ago and got such a resounding STAY AWAY FROM that i didnt look into it any furthur. im sure used in the right way they could be beneficial but i cant help with what it does or even where it goes.

• When I got my car dyno'd, dynoman said it was worth getting an adjustable one to get correct air/fuel mixture as KLZE was running rich, just never got round to getting one yet, think they are worth it TBH

• yeah i said in my first thread on here about getting one and i believe that you (DJ) advised me not to get one :D I guess they could make a small performance gain at lower revs but for what in exchange…. 20mpg?? id leave it personally........ unless someone tests one on thier 1.8 and says it makes it a million horsepower :P

• it is a replacement for your fpr and its supposed to boost your performance but as said steer clear not worth it at all….

• @5b1d71dc0f=daniel:

yeah i said in my first thread on here about getting one and i believe that you (DJ) advised me not to get one :D I guess they could make a small performance gain at lower revs but for what in exchange…. 20mpg?? id leave it personally........ unless someone tests one on thier 1.8 and says it makes it a million horsepower :P

Hmm dont remember seeing that, I am sure it was something else, get one and let us know how it goes lol

• powerboost valves dont work well on mx3.
    Like gulf said a adjustable fuel regulator with guage is the way forward. Just helps to fine tune things.
    I did have a link to a tried and tested one from the guys at mx6.com but lost link now :(

• i was going to get one of those power boost valves and a "chip" if i remember correctly and i was advised to stay away from both lol I worked in a garage when i was younger and a 2.0 mondeo came in and we fitted a power boost valve to that and when we took it for a test it actually felt faster before the valve was fitted

• they do work on some cars, but tried and tested had negative / very little effect. Think if you search for username pedro, he had one and wasnt impressed. Could PM him if you have any questions.

edit, i looked through club323f and mx6.com, and also mx-3.com and its a bit mixed reviews, but looks like it would only benifit if you had induction and exhaust upgrade.

• Meh, just replaces your stock FPR, which does a perfectly good job itself. Can't see it having much use for an oem ecu setup. The ecu will most likely try and work around it for part of the powerband. The klze could do with leaning out for more power, but I doubt you'll get much results by just reducing fuel pressure.

• I remember pedro, I did think the ECU would learn how to get around it but wasnt 100%

• a "power boost valve" is just an adjustable fuel pressure regulator! simple really

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB