KLDE options

• Whats are the options for a DE engine

Is there a chip like probinator to give some extra bhp?

seen a 70k DE for sale (300) but u get a free MX6 with that so money for scrapping after or put my K8ze in it and let the misses have it as she looks the look of them

as far as I am aware a DE isnt much more BPH than a k8ZE but i like the sound of supercharging sometime so I may aswell seing as this 6 is cheap

anyone got some good gains from a N/A DE?

I'd do the normal stuff u do when putting a ZE in, headers clutch k8 flywheel ect ect

• Also its a 97 so no dout a OBD2 my cars OBD1 will i have issues or do I need to source a OBD1 ecu from a 6

• you need an obd1 engine as the obd2 has different sensors and different loom as well as ECU, you will need to replace the whole loom if its an obd2

Best off just finding an OBD1 engine, that will save a shed load more work, the other option is a 323 2.0 kfze or a ford probe has the klde in it

• had a lantis before (kfze engined) had the oem lsd box wish i managed to get that out now :( hit a tree fron was bent around the box so no way of getting in unless i had an angle grinder

forgetting about the prob lol

• @cc165eba35=djmarcopolo:

you need an obd1 engine as the obd2 has different sensors and different loom as well as ECU, you will need to replace the whole loom if its an obd2

Best off just finding an OBD1 engine, that will save a shed load more work, the other option is a 323 2.0 kfze or a ford probe has the klde in it

The engines are pretty much the same, expect that the newer one lacks one extra coolant sensor (not neccesary though).

So yes, you could swap that engine in but as you mentioned you need to source a OBD1 ECU from a 626/MX6/Probe. A DE is a very good and cheap option with good torque and power so i would say, go for it. And yes, the gains with headers, de-cat and 2.5" exhaust is real good, frees up much more HP compared to the K8.

• And mazdarati has a chip for it.. ;)

• I've done a KLDE & KLZE conversion, either are a massive improvement on the K8, but definately go for OBD1 as I don't think anyone has succesfully done a OBD2 - OBD1 conversion, pretty sure admin tried it but could not do it

• you will find the OBD2 system has a single o2 sensor too on the cat whereas obd1 has 2 sensor on the manifolds

• I always thought mx6 didn't make it to obd2 as it was pulled from
    Market before mx3 and 323
    Over here anyhow.

• @6cafbcdf3a=djmarcopolo:

you will find the OBD2 system has a single o2 sensor too on the cat whereas obd1 has 2 sensor on the manifolds

nice 1 that will be a good way to tell instead of ripping into the dash to see the ecu code

• just remove the little side panel in the passenger footwell,

3 individual plugs into the ECU = obd1
    4 individual plugs into the ECU = obd2

no need to check codes on case :wink:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB