Buying Guide

• Hi everyone!
    Im new to the world MX-3's and im looking to buy one soon.
    Ive had a route around the forum but i cant seem to find a buyers guide. Is there anything other than the obvious that i should be looking out for? are there any inherent problems that occur with this car?
    Please let me know if i have posted this in the wrong bit!!!
    Cheers Andrew

• @d7be7c0542=millertime:

Hi everyone!
    Im new to the world MX-3's and im looking to buy one soon.
    Ive had a route around the forum but i cant seem to find a buyers guide. Is there anything other than the obvious that i should be looking out for? are there any inherent problems that occur with this car?
    Please let me know if i have posted this in the wrong bit!!!
    Cheers Andrew

Biggest one I know of is to check for noisy HLA (Hydraulic Lift Adjusters, a different kind of Tappet essentially) after the cars been started for a bit. They'll make some noise from cold, but once the engine has been running for a while they shouldn't. Quite expensive to replace. Also check the Exhaust, as I've heard that can be expensive (although I've also heard of experiences that its not actually THAT bad!).

Other than that I think its just the general bits!

• Thats cool cheers. ive had a few experiances with noisy/sticky hydraulic tappets. my mates XE engine was very noisy and he was quoted a stupid price to replace them!!
    Cheers for the advice.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB