MY v6 Failed its MOT…

• Failed my MOT, torn wiper blade, offside headlights slightly to high, rust on the near side sill.
    Got it booked in at the body shop n shud b sorted 4 Friday mornin.
    Gutted but guess it cud of been worse.
    The mechanic said the exhaust emissions were high, it failed the 1st test but just passed the 2nd test, he said it was high coz of the induction kit.
    Any1 else ad this problem? Is it bad for the car to b so high?

• Thats bullsh*t with the induction kit, it could be a few things, first one is check the receipt thing that comes with it if it fails first time and not second that can very easily be that the car is not upto temperature so its using more fuel like it would on a choke or he isnt giving it enough revs for the machine to pass it

Next one is the cat could be a bit choked I always go for a 30 minute burn down the motorway just before an MOT as that will clear a lot of junk built up in the engine or it could be a small leak on an exhaust joint can fail it too

• I think ya right about him bull sh#ttin, he didn't give me the read outs for the emissions so I've only got his word for it. The car wud of been cold wen he tested it, im guessin its that, the exhaust was all ok.
    Gettin the sill done 2moz.
    Gonna get the lumps n bumps sorted out once I've got its MOT.
    thanx once again for ya help.

• Topic moved to relevent section and retitled..

Can you please start a new topic's and post in the relevent section instead of adding to you initial newbie thread..

• Actually at our garage we have tested this. Tested the car standard put an induction done the test again and it just passed

• Hmmm shud I take the induction kit on or take it off?
    My sills got sorted today, put a new pair of wipers on.
    Still got a problem with the headlights, the screws on the adjuster are knackered, which means I can't adjust em. Don't know wot I'm gonna do? Need it doin asap so I can get it back in for its re test.
    Really hope it doesn't mean I need a full headlight unit.
    Ps. Sorry for not setting up a new topic.
    Peace!!!

• I meant shud i leave it on. Or take it off?

• can take it off if you want to, its a quick job, the headlights, if the adjuster doesnt work its probably a new unit which means taking the bumper off but try a biut of WD40 on them first if its just seized

Also, if its just one park your car facing a wall you will see the beam pattern on the wall and just adjust to copy the good one, most MOT stations adjust them for free round our way while its being MOTd

• It passed the MOT.
    everythins running fine.
    Asked the body shop how much wud it cost to pull out the lumps n bumps n he said "no offense but it wudnt b worth it!"
    I'm either gonna learn n do it myself or drive round that fast no1 can see the dints.
    :(

• lol a dent company near me would do everything for £150 cash, just find someone who works alone, cash is a good bargaining tool :D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB