Engine overheat

• me baby lost both fan belts and no warning lights came on, so seriousley overheated, replaced fan belts but now wont fire, also looks like timimng belt may have skipped a notch or two,,, what chance is there that the engine is salvageable???????? bit skint so hoping engine ok

• Mate!!!!!

If in any doubt about the timing belt, Re-time it!!

Also, why would it have slipped? is it slack?

Look at the tensioning pulley.

• dont know about slack, ram beautifully sinc buying her last march,,,, maybe because engine overheated and got thick,,,, no idea, not a mekanik, just a driver ;-)

• Not sure if it is an "interferance" engine or not. Perhaps someone else knows.

See if you can turn the engine over with a socket on the end of the crank, take the spark plugs out to relieve compression. Put it in neutral too.

If you encounter any resistance, it is likely that the valves are hitting the pistons - so stop.

While the spark plugs are out, have a look at them too, a serious overheat may have melted the electrodes - easy fix, buy new plugs.

Good luck

• If you can bend it with your fingertip, its slack.

Should be tight as a yorkshireman's wallet!

• K8 and klde are both non interference, klze is interference.

• @01328ca1c4=mattuhh:

K8 and klde are both non interference, klze is interference.

I thought KLZE was non interference too???

• booolox

KLZE is non-interference. You have to be VERY unlucky to mash the valves into the piston, eg belt snaps violently at 7500rpm. My heads were skimmed quite alot and still non-interference. I have a cam snap in half, zero valve damage.

• @efa10e65d7=Marco:

booolox

KLZE is non-interference. You have to be VERY unlucky to mash the valves into the piston, eg belt snaps violently at 7500rpm. My heads were skimmed quite alot and still non-interference. I have a cam snap in half, zero valve damage.

It is? :o I was lied too! I was always told it was interference because of the higher compression :o
    Well now I am tempted to look for an obd1 mx3 with a mashed engine haha

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB