Jays daily driver

• @236989f0bf=mx3gulf:

Good find there for £600, why does the engine need rebuilding? I have heard that the rotary's need a rebuild after around 40k, is that true? Any other issues with it? If I recall, think you said that an RX7 is only an extra £100 to insure over your V6, mad :shock:

the water jacket seal need replacing as they have gone on it witch means it cant build presure up to start and yes your right the do need a rebuild after 40k but its not a bad job theres nothing to the engine compared to a piston engine
    i couldnt believe the insurance when the told me and its an import :lol:

• @28470f2d5b=Jesta:

rebuiilds are cos of the tips, wankel engines are brilliant for power output, its basically a wacky version of a 2stroke engine, cos of the motion they wear tips, which then just makes them awful, dont think theyve yet found a way around it, dunno why they dont just make them from ceramic since that stuff is nigh on indestructable and super super durable

they do make a stronger tip but when the stock tips go they just break up into tiny soft bits and dont cause any damage but the harder tips stay as big lumps and well good bye engine casing

• do rotary engines have a cambelt? I wouldnt have thought so, but if they dont, then its not much different to having to do your cambelt every 60k miles, I wouldnt object to it cos the car is so cool its worth forking out for! is yours LH or RH drive with kmh clocks?

• @6acf079269=Jesta:

do rotary engines have a cambelt? I w
    ouldnt have thought so, but if they dont, then its not much different to having to do your cambelt every 60k miles, I wouldnt object to it cos the car is so cool its worth forking out for! is yours LH or RH drive with kmh clocks?

Theres no cams so no cambelt but there is other belts that I need to find put what they do

• Do love rex's whats the MPG like? someone told me its pretty bad no matter if your pootling or booting, is that true?

Give it some stance :wink:

• Struth! Bargain! Is this really your DD though? :lol:

Get an LS1 in it, power and more economy :lol:

• @66d7a91d28=youdirtyfox:

Do love rex's whats the MPG like? someone told me its pretty bad no matter if your pootling or booting, is that true?

I have heard that they are pretty poor. my mate has a 1.3 rx8 and says when he boots it he can see the gauge go down in front of him lol. I guess if you drive it sensibly it would be "ok" but its never going to be fantastic is it :wink:

• @69231a6c41=youdirtyfox:

Do love rex's whats the MPG like? someone told me its pretty bad no matter if your pootling or booting, is that true?

they do at a push around 20mpg

@ marco it will be a daily driver i think im crazy lol :lol: :lol:
    my mates rx7 when he runns it a 500hp it dose 4mpg lol

• @1237f01782=jay:

@1237f01782=youdirtyfox:

they do at a push around 20mpg

@ marco it will be a daily driver i think im crazy lol :lol: :lol:
    my mates rx7 when he runns it a 500hp it dose 4mpg lol

Thats about what I get from my KLZE :lol:

I am doing 3 miles to the £1 on average - still cheapoer than the bus though

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB