Update the top 10?

• So…... Why are we caring about who has the best car again? Do we attend shows as a massive group? No, usually about 3-4 at the most. Do we have regular meets? No.

Here's a thought :idea: , why not scrap the top 5 cars and just have a regular garage system? Seems like a much, much, much easier solution and stops people from spitting their dummies out or being offended.

Oh, I think I just solved the whole voting problem :wink:

• We have a garage system?

• @0bde9e52c8=Famine:

Once we've got the 10 winners

So that would be all of us?

• **Pretty much, yes.

Lucky Dip for Bert? :D**

• @dcf95b88f0=Famine:

**Pretty much, yes.

Lucky Dip for Bert? :D**

Lol, what does he win? A new set of bolts?

• 1 week without something breaking on him

• @33df77705b=Lori:

1 week without something breaking on him

Oooof, that's pushing it :lol: (not literally though, they's heavy cars man!).

• ive been thinking about this for a few days having a top 10 or a top 5 is not a bad idea but ive had another idea how about once a month have a differant car with 3 pics and a short spec and discription of the work gone into the car and mybe some plans for the years to come and then everyone has a chance to show there pride and joy its just an idea i just think having a top 5 my just cause some grumpy people.

also as far as club meets we need to now how many people that are willing to go to meets and how far there willing to travel i now that some people from the south cant travel for meets at the north and same the other way i think jap fest is ideal for the south we at least need to do a meet for the north and midlands.
    just a few ideas i had

(sorry for any bad spelling lol)

• @81d1bf6f92=jay:

ive been thinking about this for a few days having a top 10 or a top 5 is not a bad idea but ive had another idea how about once a month have a differant car with 3 pics and a short spec and discription of the work gone into the car and mybe some plans for the years to come and then everyone has a chance to show there pride and joy its just an idea i just think having a top 5 my just cause some grumpy people.

also as far as club meets we need to now how many people that are willing to go to meets and how far there willing to travel i now that some people from the south cant travel for meets at the north and same the other way i think jap fest is ideal for the south we at least need to do a meet for the north and midlands.
    just a few ideas i had

(sorry for any bad spelling lol)

The first idea would be short lived in reality. We know pretty much ALL the cars on this site and it would just be repetition really.

We have this BIG problem of everyone being so spread out, for the guys in the southern areas of england you have Japfest at Castle Combe and for us cold Northern types with our flat caps and whippets we have RSCS. There's not a lot we can do on that front unless, as you say, people are willing to travel. I'd love to attend more meets as a group, but asking you all up here for certain events (cough hosting 2 rounds of JDM Allstars in the northeast this year, one up the road from me at Teesside Autodrome and the other at Sunderland Nissan plant) is a bit much.

• @2728bb1a92=nightstalker:

The first idea would be short lived in reality. We know pretty much ALL the cars on this site and it would just be repetition really.

We have this BIG problem of everyone being so spread out, for the guys in the southern areas of england you have Japfest at Castle Combe and for us cold Northern types with our flat caps and whippets we have RSCS. There's not a lot we can do on that front unless, as you say, people are willing to travel. I'd love to attend more meets as a group, but asking you all up here for certain events (cough hosting 2 rounds of JDM Allstars in the northeast this year, one up the road from me at Teesside Autodrome and the other at Sunderland Nissan plant) is a bit much.

the first idea was just a thought

lets start a thread to see how many active members would like to go to club meets an how far there willing to travel and what they would like to to at the meats. for me being in the middle of the contry im willing to go prity much anywere other than scotland and over the pond so im willing to get some organized

sorry to change the subject

• I kinda like Jays idea.

Yeah WE know all our own cars. an a bunch more besides. But its not just about us, if we did a vote i doubt any one person could say that they totally agree with all the awards .
    Why not do a car of the month say, to show everyone else what WE do. I know a few cars on here an i know which i like, you guys will prob disagree thats kinda the fun, otherwise well all just build the same car an if were gonna do that we might as well buy saxos an be done with it.

That an im right down in the SW but i got no problem for a trek if I know people are gonna be there an itll be a laugh. Dunno about the ALLstars thing tho. that might be a bit much

• Im with Famine and Nightstalker, since famines makes sense, and I dont care that much anyway so nightstalkers works for me.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB