Engine swaps?

• For the ze there is two ecu s the kl36 for auto and kl31 manual. Either will run the ze coupled with a manual gearbox. Kl36 will throw out some codes on diagnostic mode as it won't find the auto sensors. there is no engine management light on obd1 so you will never know. However you won't be able to use your 1.8 back in the mx6 with the 1.8 manual ecu to run the mx6 auto box like you said.
    I use the kl36 ecu on mine and have no problems with vris points and dyno is pretty smooth.

• Oh if you got ze engine you could use a chipped de ecu and de vaf. Search for probeinator chip.

• Did not know you had a kl36 ecu garfy, apologies!! KLDE ecu will run a ZE same as a K8 will too, you just won't get full performance out of engine though

• No but you can use a de vaf and de ecu get it chipped with even better vris points, improved rev limits and better no 118mph limiter as found on ze ecu.

• 118mph? ive had more than that indicated on my speedo with a blip with a range rover sport. it was indicating 132mph and the wipers were being pushed up the windscreen. so anyway the ze will run with a k8 ecu but will run very rough right?and if i were to buy an mx6 auto would that ecu run with the auto box bolted to the 1.8? sorry for all the questions

• yep as the ze is from the jdm market it is restricted to 118mph although cutting one wire will remove it!, 1.8 box tops at 146 i think and 2.5 box tops at 155mph.
    Anyhow, i cant see why the 1.8 bolted to the auto box wouldnt run the only question is whether the 2.5 ecu would run the 1.8 smoothly, dont think anyone has ever tried a 2.5 ecu in a 1.8 !!!. All the sensors, vaf etc are the same so should run.
    Yes the 2.5 ze will run off the 1.8 ecu, you wont feel the full potential of the engine tho.

• if that is the route i take i will let you know if the ze ecu will run the k8 on an auto box. obviously the ze will not perform as well as it could with a proper ecu but thas fine as i will be doing it in stages. i might wait til its next mot as i doubt the ze would pass emitions on a k8 ecu. thanks again guys really appreciated

• no mine still fails on emmisions!. Have to kinda use another car to get it to pass!! :D . Good when you know the mot inspector!

• yeah i will wait til mine passes mot before i do the engine change then lol. then again there are alot of cheappy scrap yards round here s could probably get the ecu for an mx6 for cheap or free if i go to one without cameras. so i would need a kl31 ecu with a manual ze right?

• Depends. Mine runs perfectly on a kl-01 with kl-02 vaf.

• hey guys i posted some pics in the projects section if u wanna check them out.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB