PROJECT - EQUIPPED No2 - 2011

• Would that me a rare JDM tape holder? :P

• @0a93e18db7=Lori:

Would that me a rare JDM tape holder? :P

Yup :D :D

I will probably sell it or will PX for some bits I need later when I start work

Parcel shelf
    O/S headlight
    ashtray
    cigarette lighter

• Started Purchasing replacement parts today to try and keep it under the £225 budget it make it road legal

After heavy searching on the interweb I have now got
    Headlight, ashtray + lighter for £35 - thanks MasonX
    Front pads £12.50 inc P&P
    Rear Pads £13 inc P&P
    It was cheaper to import 2 rear wheel bearings than buy one in the uk :cry:
    2 rear wheel bearings £65 inc P&P
    Full set of wiper blades £10 inc P&P

Total spent is £135.50

That leaves £89.50 for a new windscreen and a pair of tyres and the MOT

I think it may go £50 over budget unless I find something to do a deal on

My dad is quite excited about me finding this car so he wants to get the engine apart and bang a new cambelt + waterpump in too by november
    Think he wants to cruise around in this while he puts a new gearbox in his nissan over christmas lol

Realistically the budget is now heading to around £600 for the complete on the road full serviced package including the car purchase

• Had a good poke around the car this afternoon, have found some more faults

Rear heated window not working as I have found the relay has caught fire at sometime and burnt the cables back :cry:

Found more cut wire stuck out of the steering column but cannot find what isnt working (hopefully its the immobiliser) :cry:

The engine has sat around so long some of the water pipes are decomposing and need replacing (the outsides are now like crude oil)

The thermostat might be seized as it doesnt overheat but the pipes are very pressurized but does not bubble over into the header tank (maybe an airlock) :? :?

1 of the good tyres has a nail in it and is now punctured :cry:

Just bought a QH cambelt for £12.50 that was on sale as old stock :D :D

Full set of brake pads ordered for £26 :D :D :D

Bought a new QH water pump for £30 :D :D :D

Bought a full cover from japan for £8.99 inc P&P :shock: :shock: for her to keep her dry over the winter while she is laid up

• @af446b217a=djmarcopolo:

• Can i assist with any more parts befor i send your parcel?

• Is that car cover made for an mx3?? If so could you post a link up please could do with one for mine…............. ta

• @070aabe32a=mx3gulf:

Is that car cover made for an mx3?? If so could you post a link up please could do with one for mine…............. ta

Here you go, it fits perfect for an mx and only £8.99
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110582868069&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

• Thanks to masonx I have now most of the OEM bits missing for the car to be replaced or repaired and now have all the bits for a major service and ready for an MOT.
    I have found the final part a parcel shlf that I got for £20 with a pair of clear side repeaters thrown in for free :D
    Work starts november :D :D

• I have felt bad anbout this car just sitting in the drive wasting away so I have started on her today

Full set of brake pads all round and new pin kit on the front
    Good wash for the first time
    The alloys have been shot blasted ready for painting

Still to do….
    Paint wheels and swap with current ones
    Replace burnt out wiring on rear window
    valet interior
    Unblock radiator
    New thermostat
    New near side cv boot
    New windscreen
    Then its off for MOT and then up for sale

NICE SHOTBLASTED ALLOYS

lOOKS GOOD AFTER A GOOD WASH

• nice, another one saved, bit of work to do but looking good.

• This one has a mint body on it and the interior is spotless, will keep you posted, the cv boot kit was ordered today and the last items to buy are on there way and are a little bit of bert that will keep on trucking :wink:

• well as I am piling my spare time into this baby at the moment I thought I better keep this up to date,
    Today new cambelt + waterpump after the pump went last week just before daniel was going to buy her :cry:
    Had as major bitch with this as some plum in the past loctited the bottom pulley bolt on AND the pulley, that took over an hour to remove and was on the point of cutting it off before it finally went

Radiator has been removed and professionally flushed + pressure tested (need to do it to any car thats been sat around for a while as the rad silts up easily and then restricts water flow)

New fan fitted and still not working, all voltages are present and correct so it can only be the sensor but I have found water INSIDE the connector for the sensor so it maybe leak through it inside so a new sensor ordered and on its way

Wifey cleaned all the leather up as it had some mould in places from lack of use

2 new drive belts ordered as the old ones are poop

• Did you replace the sensor as the fan still doesn't work bud :(

I've got a spare off the AZ3 I was going to try but I'm not sure where teh sensor is.

• @0b8a86bf6d=Lori:

Did you replace the sensor as the fan still doesn't work bud :(

I've got a spare off the AZ3 I was going to try but I'm not sure where teh sensor is.

I changed the fan in the end and it worked fine after that, try running her up and put a multi meter on the contacts to make sureit has voltage

• Will do.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB